ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hugh Freeze quick notes (post-Ole Miss)

BrianStultz

All-American
Staff
Jul 1, 2021
We are set to speak with Hugh Freeze following Auburn's 28-21 loss to No. 13 Ole Miss.

Follow along and refresh for all updates.

*** "Disappointing. I thought our kids played hard. I think we need to coach them better, and it starts with me again."

*** "I have to do a better job that we don't make our mistakes in those areas." - on critical downs and execution

*** "We had our chances. Defense got us some stops against an explosive offense. Offensively, we just kept on shooting ourselves in the foot."

*** On mindset of switching QBs: "I don't think that had anything to do with the outcome of the game. It would be nice for us to have one, but we are still searching."

*** On running it on 3rd down?: "Most of those were RPOs and they gave us a five-man box. They just beat us in the twist game. We didn't feel like we matched up well against their edge rushers in third down."

*** On pace for worst offensive statistical. Are you confident in your approach? "Everything is up for evaluation. It has to be."

*** Mentions that if shortening the game isn't working, just have to pick up tempo.

*** Message in the locker room afterwards was let's come back to work Monday. Still have a lot of SEC games to go.

*** He does mention the crowd was great. No mention of the boos in the second half.

*** On third quarter: "I felt like we had a good plan coming out of the half. Not sure what happened." Mentions the trick play blew up on them and should have gotten out of it.

*** On Keionte: "He's a great leader and makes us better."

*** On Connor Lew's play: "Have to watch the film but he's matured."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News