ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Hugh Freeze quick notes (post-Arkansas)

BrianStultz

All-American
Staff
Jul 1, 2021
We are set to speak with Hugh Freeze following Auburn's 24-14 loss to Arkansas.

Follow along and refresh for all updates.

*** First off, our thoughts with Champ Anthony. Difficult injury. I know our medical team will take good care of him.

*** "I don't have the words. It's just sickening, sickening that we can't take care of the ball on offense. I've got to get that fixed."

*** Thought our defense besides third and longs was good. 5-and-8 conversion on third and long.

*** "It's miserable to watch that."

*** On Hank and his struggles: "No, I thought he deserved the right to earn the start. Wanted to see how he played in SEC play. I love Hank. He did not play well in the first half. Missed open guys. Obviously we are not doing a good job of coaching quarterbacks right now."

*** Hugh thinks Payton Thorne played solid. Had the one pick.

*** "Devastated truthfully because they fought so hard." on the Auburn defense

*** On self-inflicting stuff on both sides of the ball: "We have to look at ourselves first as coaches. I don't think it's scheme."

*** Where he goes from here at quarterback position? "I have no idea sitting here right now. I will go back tomorrow and try to get it fixed."

*** "I thought the plan was really good (on offense). Didn't feel like we needed to change it at halftime." on offensive game plan and playing with some empty sets

*** On offensive mistakes: "Unfortunately this is what I know and we have to find a quarterback who doesn't throw it to the other team and running backs that don't lose the football."

*** On recruiting and if it will suffer: "I can't say that. I'm preaching the same message."

*** On facing a dual-threat QB and conversations going forward: "We will continue to study how others are trying to stop and see if we find anything that can help us in that regard."

*** On after two losses and schedule getting tougher his message to the team: "Life is a test and we are getting tested. How we handle those moments, the good and the bad, speaks for who you are."

That's it for Hugh Freeze.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.