ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting Mississippi

marcus2217

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2005
I'm hoping Hugh hits that State pretty hard. I actually think it's one of the more undervalued States talent wise there is. I would imagine because how spread it out is and most of the competition is crap. Still it produced a lot of talent that seems to slip through the cracks.

I feel like it produces higher than average good quality DL for example. As far as the known talent (TOP 10) their top 5 looks as good as our top 5 IMO. We really start separating ourselves the further down that list you go.

I think MOO ST has done a great job identifying DL talent in that State. Something tells MSU Staff must have a great relationships with all of the HS coaches for them to hit on some many diamonds in the rough on DL. Hell OLIne too, well to a certain extent. It may not be the best group but they tend have 1 or 2 with no major offers that are maulers. Again it has to be HS coaches helping them our.

They got a couple of dawgs in this class I'd love to have. I trust Hugh but I hope he keeps to his old hunting grounds to a certain degree. If we pulled 3-5 players a class from the SIP I'd be happy. Maybe a few more if it was the right players.

I hope we build up our support staff with HS Coaching legends from our State and the surrounding States. I'd like for coaches outside of our State to have a reason to alert us to a recruit. I know I'll be laughed at over this but I feel strongly about the importance the HS relationships mean as so far as maintaining a healthy program.

You want them coaches to trust you with their boys and alert you to a talent flying under the radar.

Different subject I don't understand Brian Kelly's recruiting. He sure is going out of State a lot more than what's needed. If I was him I'd lock that State the fol down. I'd only leave it to fill in any missing peices. I'd be selling the in State kids that too. If your signing the best 15-20 kids in that State and filling out the rest where State talent ain't strong enough your competing for ships.

I know everyone is big on him, I think he's forking up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News