ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL HOT BOARD ADJUSTMENT #1 (11-10-22)

Jay G. Tate

IT'S A TRAP!
Staff
Jan 17, 2003
Montgomery, Ala.
Bunk:

I have adjusted our list of candidates on the Hot Board to reflect chatter we’re hearing out there from a variety of directions.

Here are my PROGRAMMING NOTES:

UPDATE 1 (11-10-22) — We still feel that Lane Kiffin is the most likely candidate to serve as the Tigers’ next head coach. So no change there. We are moving Hugh Freeze up the board, from No. 4 to No. 2. He benefits from guiding his Liberty Flames to a victory at Arkansas and a general lack of chatter/hype surrounding Deion Sanders. With that said, I absolutely DO NOT DISCOUNT “The Field” as a player in this thing. New athletic director John Cohen is talking to a much wider group of candidates than I expected. He’s not following the usual Auburn script; he appears to be doing an authentically thorough job.

I’d also like to mention something about Dan Lanning. Auburn operatives, including Cohen himself, have heard a bunch about the young Oregon coach (and former UGA assistant) from various, trusted observers throughout the southeast. He is wildly popular among recruits and high-school coaches in Georgia and Florida. Lanning recently made a statement, when asked about the Auburn job, that he wants to stay in Oregon. We’ll see how this unfolds. Oregon is a terrific place to coach football, but it’s also a long way from his circle of (professional) birth.

[COLOR=%s]**HOT BOARD LINK[/COLOR]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News