ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Horace Spencer on Auburn fan reaction to this run...

Ben Wolk

THE NOTORIOUS M.B.G.
Jul 31, 2018
I don't really have enough to turn this into a full story right now, but this was a great quote from Horace Spencer that I wanted to pass along to the Bunker. He was asked what he expects from the Auburn crowd tomorrow and what it's been like watching Auburn fans celebrate back home:

"I expect to see a good bit of orange to come show some support. It means a lot for history for Auburn. We’ve only been to the Elite Eight. Us getting to the Final Four really does something for the school itself. The Auburn family is a physical and actual meaning. There’s more to it than what you see on TV. Y’all see how they react on Toomer’s Corner. Y’all seen it. Y’all can understand how they really feel about us. They’re out there really throwing a party. Every time they do it, they throw a party for us. Even though we’re not there to enjoy it, we feel that love thousands of miles away. To make history for Auburn is something that we live for. We want to represent Auburn the best we possibly can. It’s bigger than basketball. I say that because we want to show the world that we’re Auburn. We’re here, and we’re here to stay."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News