ADVERTISEMENT

FSU got jobbed worse than we did in 2004…

williamtiger

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2007
In 2004, some very deserving team HAD to get left out. The system provided two spots and there were 3 undefeated teams from power conferences. It was unavoidable.

This year, there were three deserving teams and four spots. They still managed to leave out one of the deserving teams in place of a ratings chase. Just a total sham.

By the way…my interpretation of deserving is 1)being undefeated 2) being in a power five conference (the universally agreed upon tougher subset of teams).

The system is already one of the uniquely subjective ways of crowning a champion in the entire world. When we stop providing qualified teams (see power 5) that haven’t lost a game a chance to play for a championship and replace them with blemished teams that we “think” look better, it totally discredits the process.

Follow the money.

At least we are getting closer to a true playoff and ultimately fair way to crown a champion next year.

Ps…I think bama and Texas would beat FSU, but I also think the Braves would have beat the Rangers. Doesn’t matter does it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News