ADVERTISEMENT

Ford F150 owners: Water leaking onto your floorboards?

Rachel Morand

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2010
My husband drives a 2022 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost. Recently we noticed a distinct smelly gym bag stank coming from the interior. I assumed it was from his workout clothes or our son’s post-baseball practice funk. He’s been away for work, so it had been sitting at the Louisville airport for the last two weeks.

I couldn’t take it anymore, so I made it my project yesterday to clean out his truck after he got back from his trip. I pulled out the rubber floor mats, and there it was: a puddle of water on the floor of the driver’s seat under the mat. I pulled up the carpet, and the padding underneath the carpet (all the way to the backseat) is soaked through. The stench is unbelievable. It already smelled awful, but pulling up the mats/carpet disturbed it all and made it so much worse.

He googled it and it turns out this is a common issue in Ford trucks! Wtf! Upon further investigation, we noticed about 2 inches of the seal at the base of the windshield on the driver's side has separated from the glass. Water may be getting in there, going behind the dash, and soaking the carpet. We’ve had a ton of rain here in Kentucky in the last few weeks.

I know there are a lot of F150 drivers on here. Has this happened to anyone else? What did Ford do to correct the issue? He has an appointment at the Ford dealer in Louisville on Thursday to get it checked out. It just sucks so much. Neither of us came from money and this truck purchase was a big, big deal for him. He’s at the point that he just wants to get rid of it and go to a different brand (I wanted him to get a Tundra lol).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News