ADVERTISEMENT

For My Snake Encore......

Auburn93

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 7, 2005
Georgia
I stated in March of 2020 that ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) as very important to help with COVID and that applies to Long COVID as well.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987722000822

Why is this article relevant? It is relevant because ascorbic acid is the preferred molecule in the body to regenerate BH4 production. It helps keep BH4 from being oxidized and allows it to help make Nitric Oxide. This greatly helps our immune system.

For someone who is experiencing Long COVID, they need to be taking relatively high amounts of Vitamin C. I prefer eating foods high in Vit. C but get it any way you can. We don't make Vitamin C, we have to eat it. It is supposed to be recycled in the body but it often does not get recycled with severe infections. Long COVID sufferers also need to eat foods that contain the pterin compound. Pterins help form BH4. Think folate and leafy green veggies for pterins. I recommend they limit the phenylalanine containing proteins that they eat similar to a PKU diet. That sounds extreme, but only until things are better.

Studies have shown SARS-Cov2 in the feces of patients many months after their infection had cleared, so it is likely the virus infects cells of the GI tract and may still be causing inflammation. This could contribute to Long COVID and a deficiency of BH4 would as well.

I personally would take as much melatonin as I could take without too much oxidative stress occurring. Higher doses don't always cause drowsiness but they are beneficial as an antioxidant. They are more beneficial from the standpoint of their controlling the phase separation of biomolecular condensates inside the cell. That's fancy words for making it harder or even stopping the virus from replicating. IMO, with enough Melatonin in our cells, I don't think the virus could propagate. We just don't have enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News