ADVERTISEMENT

Football is here...

P F D

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2021
I posted here a while back that this coaching search would clearly tell us how seriously Auburn takes football. Simply put, Auburn rarely hires the "best coach" available to it for a variety of reasons. I was sure it was going to happen again, and thankfully I was wrong. Give Cohen credit, because there were a lot of very important people that thought Hugh had too much baggage and Kiffin was the right choice. Kiffin would have been a good choice, but he wasn't the best choice, and Cohen knew it. I absolutely believe that if Cohen truly wanted Kiffin he would have been our next coach. Lets just say an offer covered in stipulations and clauses isn't an offer you are expecting or wanting to be accepted.
Well here we are. Auburn is poised to take the field with the best coach its had since Pat Dye. Hugh Freeze is recruiting at a level we haven't seen in a long time. This class will be a top 10 class and next years will be even better. On the field, I think people are selling this team short. It ultimately won't be his best team at Auburn, but I think it's going to be pretty damn good. I think on the low end, we are looking at a 2009 type season. I actually think we are looking at a 9-3 type year possibly playing UAT for the west. There's not enough time to list all the reasons I feel so optimistic, but it all starts with Hugh Freeze.
SIt back and enjoy because the foundation is being built to last. BTW, our new FOF is a big reason we are recruiting the way we are. Staffers and coaches from other schools absolutely rave about it.
I've been wrong a bunch before, but I honestly believe HF wins really big at Auburn. Now back to my own team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News