ADVERTISEMENT

Durkin

Auburn93

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 7, 2005
Georgia
I know we can nitpick, but to get better, you have to address your weaknesses. It's pretty obvious that we don't have great DB's, so why isn't Durkin putting more pressure on the QB by blitzing? Nothing helps a DB more than a good pass rush. It seems like Durkin is set in his ways and is trying to get the kids to play good in his system. A good coach takes what he has and maximizes their potential, even if it's not exactly his system.

He shouldn't wait until halftime to make adjustments, make them as soon as he sees what is going wrong. We all saw the 3 man line wasn't working, change it. I also noticed our DL are huge gap pluggers. They aren't real mobile. That doesn't get you much pressure on the QB and if you don't blitz, they drive the ball down the field on you. It's frustrating. I also hate how he makes the DL line up a yard off the ball. I've never seen a DL set up that far off the ball. I guess he doesn't want them jumping offsides. In short yardage situations, it's detrimental to stopping them.

We're about to play some teams that have a lot more talent and if Durkin doesn't get his shit together, it's not going to end well for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.