ADVERTISEMENT

Drugs just aren’t worth it

cassidp

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2015
And before someone gets fussy, I’m not talking about weed (at least not directly) so cue up the Danny Tanner Half Baked gif as needed. I just have to blow off some steam so thanks in advance for letting me.

Last night I learned that I finally lost a friend. Lost a friend who had several significant dependencies. Lost a friend who turned each of those dependencies against himself for 20+ years and with one final swoop those dependencies took him away from us forever. At some point, in his mind, he never found peace or happiness without his drugs so he sought them out in ever-increasing, harmful ways. Getting and taking those drugs was important to him despite all the harm they knowingly caused him. I have known last night was coming for many years. At various times I tricked myself into thinking it might not happen because it hadn’t happened yet. Well here we are.

Life is beautiful and precious y’all, don’t trade it for things that are not. So live life, love others and love yourself. Peace and hair grease Bunk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News