ADVERTISEMENT

Did uat sign Jonathan Taylor?...

nudbud

First Round Draft Pick
May 29, 2001
It is rumored that uat took the DT Taylor after he was dismissed rom UGA. The same Taylor that choked his girlfriend unconscious. And we caught grief for taking Marshall and Matthews. Maybe he can play next to the guy that beat up the students on campus and compare notes.

Hate they got him.

I can't really say too much negative about Uat for this signing. I wanted (and we needed) this kid badly. We simply don't have enough quality defensive tackles in the program at this time.

My biggest beef, however, is why we have a policy against recruiting players with a history of domestic violence, but not against coaches. To me, coaches should be held to a higher standard than players. And yet, the leader in the clubhouse for our linebacker coaching position is a man with a history of domestic violence. A man that Tuberville fired for beating the h*ll out of his wife. A man that not even Florida State would hire when it discovered his rough and rowdy past and rescinded his offer. A man that once turned his back on his alma mater in its time of need to be at Uat with Nick Saban. Part of me doesn't want his @$$ to ever darken the door at Auburn University.

I get pissed when I read the love fest over James Willis. However, I am willing to look past his prior transgressions if he is the best man for the job. Because, in the end, it is about doing what is best for the team. Signing Jonathan Taylor would have been best for our team as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6724966

Re: Hate they got him.

Do you have a link that says Willis is the leader as LB coach at Auburn?

Taylor's trial is set for the spring, it is a felony domestic violence charge right now, it could be plea bargained down I guess. But if he is convicted of the felony will Bama dismiss him? Maybe the girl provoked him, they can piss a guy off, but that's no reason to grab her by the throat and punch her with your fist, multiple witnesses saw this happen. She isn't a small girl, almost 6 feet and 170, but still about half his size. Short of pulling a gun on you, no reason to hit a woman, ever, no matter how big a biaotch she is being.

It is Ok if he choked someone unconscious. Bammer gets who bammer wants because they have a huge amout of tradition. Taylor wants to go to bammer because of all of that tradition. Yea he is on trial on felony charges but bammer tradition is the real reason he needs to go to bammer. Bammer tradition is hard to beat. When ya got alot of bammer in ya, ya just got to feel all that tradition.

So Taylor is back on the market,

We need DTs! At one time, Louisville and us were his leaders. Maybe we can get back in the mix with him. I am afraid, however, that Petrino will hire him as his body guard. Petrino would still be coaching at Arkansas if he had a man like Taylor at his side.

On a serious note, I am man enough to admit that I was wrong on this one. I hate to beat a dead house, but I thought Uat was getting a steal. I guess Gus did his homework after all. Knock on wood, most of the thugs we have brought in have turned into respectable citizens under Gus.

Moot point since he's off the team now.

confused0024.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT