ADVERTISEMENT

Da Troof...

h8sdawgs

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2004
...the word has been out on TPTB @ AU for some time now (at least since Jetgate), That situation has made and will make hiring at AU a MAJOR problem. This trickles all the way down to the assistant coaches. I never thought Harsin's assistant hires were home runs, but he did the best he could at the time. Even before the debacles of the last 3 weeks, I expected Harsin to look at upgrading those positions. Now I think it's imperative!

Firing or losing Harsin to Washington, or anyone else, would be foolish. The man walked into a dumpster fire that was close in magnitude to what Bruce inherited. It was going to take 3-4 years no matter who we hired. Yes, Harsin and his staff made some outrageous errors in judgement over the last 3 weeks. At this point, all we can hope is he'll threaten the coordinators within an inch of their lives to NEVER do that sheet again. I believe in giving subordinates autonomy until they prove they can't handle it. Both coordinators have now earned a seat in the corner.

Those of you calling for Harsin's head at this point are doing nothing more than helping perpetuate the problems that already exist at AU. Short of Tim Cook donating $100 million to the AD, or giving huge NLI deals to our players, we aren't going to be hiring any homerun replacements. And we all know Cook ain't putting his hands into the dumpster inferno that is AU athletics!

I know...TLDR! WDE!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News