ADVERTISEMENT

COVID Severity

Auburn93

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 7, 2005
Georgia
One of the studies I read showed that COVID patients that didn't have enough of the sugar fucose attached to their IgG had much more severe infections and consequences. That study also showed that mice that were fucose deprived suffered worse consequences than mice with sufficient fucose. It showed that fucose could be supplemented to those fucose deprived mice and their symptoms diminished and they got better.

Fucose is a sugar that is in seeds, apples, mushrooms, celery, avocadoes, and seaweed. It's in other fruits and vegetables as well, but these showed the highest concentration of fucose. My suggestion would be to eat a hand full of seeds each day and eat some of these foods every chance you can. I eat 15 grams of ground flax seed in my oatmeal in addition to 1/2 an apple, kiwi, almonds, cashews, a sweet potato, and a banana every day I can. Flax seed always needs to be ground and don't over do it on the apples and celery, they are two of the most pesticide laden foods you can find.

Men die of COVID at a higher rate than women. Women have higher fucose levels than men up until after menopause when their level drops. Could fucose levels be the reason women have more survivability from COVID?

Our body works on a supply and demand basis. We have a lot of demand but not enough supply. When we don't have enough of one nutrient, the body adjusts by altering its biological pathways and that reduces their efficiency. Over time, this catches up to us as we age and our immune system diminishes. For COVID, it happens over a few weeks as the inflammatory processes reduce our nutrients. The people that have enough nutrients do much better than the ones who run out.

It is also believed that vaccinated people put more fucose on their IgG than unvaccinated people. That may be why their symptoms are less in breakthrough cases.

Last edited:
One of the studies I read showed that COVID patients that didn't have enough of the sugar fucose attached to their IgG had much more severe infections and consequences. That study also showed that mice that were fucose deprived suffered worse consequences than mice with sufficient fucose. It showed that fucose could be supplemented to those fucose deprived mice and their symptoms diminished and they got better.

Fucose is a sugar that is in seeds, apples, mushrooms, celery, avocadoes, and seaweed. It's in other fruits and vegetables as well, but these showed the highest concentration of fucose. My suggestion would be to eat a hand full of seeds each day and eat some of these foods every chance you can. I eat 15 grams of ground flax seed in my oatmeal in addition to 1/2 an apple, kiwi, almonds, cashews, a sweet potato, and a banana every day I can. Flax seed always needs to be ground and don't over do it on the apples and celery, they are two of the most pesticide laden foods you can find.

Men die of COVID at a higher rate than women. Women have higher fucose levels than men up until after menopause when their level drops. Could fucose levels be the reason women have more survivability from COVID?

Our body works on a supply and demand basis. We have a lot of demand but not enough supply. When we don't have enough of one nutrient, the body adjusts by altering its biological pathways and that reduces their efficiency. Over time, this catches up to us as we age and our immune system diminishes. For COVID, it happens over a few weeks as the inflammatory processes reduce our nutrients. The people that have enough nutrients do much better than the ones who run out.
Can someone please tell @SH0RTS to eat some fvcking seeds and calm the F down. In the meantime I’ll go drop a load of apples, almonds, kiwis and sunflower seeds by the Athletic Complex!

I eat toasted almonds all the time. I actually eat a few each morning to aid in absorption of vitamins and minerals when I take my meds. (For the fat content)

But we snack on them all the time. Roast these in the microwave a few minutes. Stir occasionally while roasting. I’ve also cooked on pellet smoker. We buy them at Publix

large_c760a8ff-a8ec-42c2-8e2b-a4a48f91548c.JPG

Reactions: Perry Tiger
I eat toasted almonds all the time. I actually eat a few each morning to aid in absorption of vitamins and minerals when I take my meds. (For the fat content)

But we snack on them all the time. Roast these in the microwave a few minutes. Stir occasionally while roasting. I’ve also cooked on pellet smoker. We buy them at Publix

large_c760a8ff-a8ec-42c2-8e2b-a4a48f91548c.JPG
Just for reference, the majority of the N-glycan structures in almonds only had one fucose attached to them. Apples had three.

Just for reference, the majority of the N-glycan structures in almonds only had one fucose attached to them. Apples had three.
I love me some cored & peeled HoneyCrisp, sliced and drug through some peanut butter or almond butter. Stir in some caramel sauce too if you can fit in a little extra cardio that day

Delta is "vaccine resistant" as well. What really matters is will the vaccines continue to protect against severe illness, which I believe they will continue to do so.
I don’t think it’s vaccine resistant in that it evades vaccines. We went from 95% to 88% efficacy with delta. Part of that drop is because the group the vaccinated is compared to is the unvaccinated. The unvaccinated include many with natural immunity so lowers the efficacy right there. It kind of blew my mind when I heard this.

Reactions: gatorz1209
DIAF after your smurf BM

?
The unvaccinated have better protection now due to natural immunity. Efficacy is determined by comparing the vaccine group to the unvaccinated. If the unvaccinated group has added natural immunity cases over the last 9 months then efficacy goes down. Get it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT