ADVERTISEMENT

Could Be the Last Week Even the SSPers Give Harsin a Break

StatsMatter

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2017
LSU appears to be one of the few teams we might be able to beat. But in BR on Saturday it won't be easy.

If we lose the Indians may want a scalp or two.

It could get worse as the season progresses.

With close or similar to the same team as last year, with the addition of Hunter, with Nix and Tank returning, nobody expected/ expects us to be worse than last year.

After GSU anything might happen and I don't see even the loyalist of fans being happy with a loss Saturday.

A bad loss and all hell could break out.

I believe this situation, win OR lose, should not be the yardstick we use to judge the progress.

This is why I believe being a H & R (Hopeful but Realistic) is better than being a SSPer and definitely better than being a D&Ger.

The truth is the other SECW teams are building better teams, with better QBs, while our current recruiting is OK, "OK" is not anywhere near good enough in the SECW and it definitely is not up to par with our top competitors.

Winning 6 or 8 games this year will not make us suddenly a threat in the West, only elite recruiting will bring us the players to compete....and that's what we should all be focused on.

And for all of you that think winning will bring us better recruits, that may be correct to some extent, but chances are very real that we will not win enough to move us ahead of the other top teams for the elite guys.

Our best bet is that Harsin recognizes the level of competition he is up against during the season and becomes a wolf on the recruiting trail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News