ADVERTISEMENT

Consciously rewarding "the good", Deer Lourde at our FRONT 4 War Daddies

Eagle5

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2001
Birmingham, Alabama
Just two plays here to illustrate, but there were many. And blessings to Rotnei Gartnier, that glorious French D-line coach, for getting his guys to play like fire-breathing warriors who had a bad childhood. For you youngun's, this is what we cut our teeth on under Dye with Rocker, Roland, Humphrey, Dowe Aughtman, Ben Thomas, the list goes on. And why we are so intolerant of seeing CRAP put on the field defensively until now it FINALLY appears.

* Clem 3rd and 1 at their 40 with 3:50 in the 1st Qtr. Score 0-0. Dontavius, Devaroe, and Cowart had perfect technique, surge, and completely shove the Clem O-line two yards into the backfield. Steele also crashed Deshaun Davis straight up the middle. Play loses 2 yards. Totally dominant, and Steele was able to do it "low risk" not bringing extra run blitzers.

* Clem 2nd & Goal, AU 7. 13-6 Clem, 10:45 in the 4th Qtr. Again, Dontavius Russel, Devaroe, and Marlon just annihilate the Clem OL, with Holland crashing from the edge. Reinvented the LOS like I've RARELY seen in the last 3 years, allowing Rudy to get inside the edge block, and penetrate quickly to nail Watson at the ankles, with swarming pursuit all around. There was such instant shock and awe, it clearly rattled Watson to hunker down and take the sack. He gave up on the play, which at the moment with the score was smart on his part. Again, defense Steele went with was low risk, which is the beauty of a front four being this dominant.

I'm just not going to entirely let the frigging offensive struggles prevent me from singing the praises of this defensive unit. They deserve better after working their asses off to deliver this long-awaited product. They have a chance to be top 3 SEC, maybe BEST, by season's end if the progression continues and injuries go our way. Wild card, of course, is the offense not helping them enough.

E5

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News