ADVERTISEMENT

Concield Carry Requirement - what would happen if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illubrinatti

All-SEC
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2017
Every able-bodied, and clear-minded, male ($ to sexism-mania) (not saying that a woman wouldn't have the guts to plug a thug on occasion, but women seem to care a bit more than men, so ... I'll stand on my position) citizen between 21 and 65 was REQUIRED to carry a weapon.

Null Hypothesis: violent crime in our land would decrease.

The premise rests on the notions of 'clear-minded' and 'able-bodied': this points to responsible and capable citizens. This does include my next door neighbor who is a dependable as gravity, but does not necessarily include my son - who is still working on that. Certainly, that doesn't include the 2% of our population (every population) that are loopy or ill-tempered, and prone to prison.

We should take the Israeli position that owning a handgun is a RIGHT and a RESPONSIBILITY that should be taken with a GREAT DEGREE of forethought and constraint. However, having done so, and done so with propriety and respect, law enforcement becomes a crowd-sourcing initiative as it is in Israel. When was the last time you heard of a mall massacre or worse in Jerusalem? (And don't tell me it wouldn't make the news here. The news dogs are so full of yellow journalism that their eyes are yellow. Media uses EVERY tragedy to make a buck.)

Two more things.
1. The bunker is where I get my news, so ... I wouldn't consider venturing outside of this august forum to test Vox Populi! I learn the most interesting things here. Keep in in the fambly.
2. Clearly what we are doing today is not enough to curb gun violence. There must be discussion about this issue, but in as much as London has taken its place in failed gun-free violent cities, and Jerusulem if far from either, we have to think differently about this era-defining issue. We Free Citizens MUST stand for responsibility, not acquiescence.
3. Watching the frickin golf channel just stirs my sensibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News