ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Beard - Rebel Grove update

Jirao

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2019
"I'm going to preface this with no one at Ole Miss is talking, so some of this is reading tea leaves and some of it is talking to people outside the program. I don't think there's any doubt Ole Miss and former Texas coach Chris Beard are having communications. Is that direct? I don't know. But there's communication. Beard is very interested in the job, to the point there has been some specific communication regarding a potential Ole Miss staff. I've heard he has some concerns the PR/optics of his hiring could derail it.

I talked to people in Austin Monday. They said they've been hearing Ole Miss rumors for a month regarding Beard. People there will tell you without hesitation he's an elite coach and an incredible team-builder.

I've got a bit of a working theory: If Ole Miss knew it wasn't hiring Beard, it would kill this rumor. If you know you're not hiring him, knowing that hiring him is going to rankle some feelings, you put that out. To my knowledge, that hasn't happened.

What's interesting to me, at least, is I'm just not really hearing other names. People still throw Dusty May's name out there some, but that doesn't seem to have a lot of traction.

So again, it's entirely possible I'm just completely off on this, but right now, it feels like Ole Miss is really doing the deep dig on Beard"

IMO- Chris Beard will be the next HC at Ole Miss and it will be a insane hire for them. IMO he is one of the best coaches in the game. This is their Bruce.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News