ADVERTISEMENT

China virus vaccine and employment in state of AL..

who_called_the_Wolf

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2015
In my den
With Alabama being an at will state, employees might not have many options regarding the vaccine.
“Some people say, if I don’t want to take the vaccine, then it’s my constitutional right not to take the vaccine. But you also must remember it’s the employer’s constitutional right not to keep you on,” Bill Eiland, Attorney with Eiland & Ritchie said.
However, the Mobile attorney said the law protects those with legitimate health reasons and religious beliefs. Although, it would be a steep hill to prove.
“You can’t just say, hey, because of my religious beliefs, I’m not going to take the vaccine. Well, at that point I think you’re going to have to prove what your religious beliefs are,” Eiland said.

I didn't know that vaccines were mentioned in the Constitution. Is that in the original document or one of the amendments? (edit: not trying to pick a fight, just being a smartass)

They haven't said anything yet, but I'm reasonably certain that UAB will require it for employees once available.

Reactions: who_called_the_Wolf
With Alabama being an at will state, employees might not have many options regarding the vaccine.
“Some people say, if I don’t want to take the vaccine, then it’s my constitutional right not to take the vaccine. But you also must remember it’s the employer’s constitutional right not to keep you on,” Bill Eiland, Attorney with Eiland & Ritchie said.
However, the Mobile attorney said the law protects those with legitimate health reasons and religious beliefs. Although, it would be a steep hill to prove.
“You can’t just say, hey, because of my religious beliefs, I’m not going to take the vaccine. Well, at that point I think you’re going to have to prove what your religious beliefs are,” Eiland said.

I am not surprised that a lawyer is publicly creating scenarios that might line their pockets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT