ADVERTISEMENT

Career advice **Update**

adam_tiger13

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 17, 2014
Space Coast, FL
Has anyone made a switch in careers after working in patient care for 5 to 6 years? I’m thinking about switching to medical sales or something related to the medical field that will provide a greater income potential.

My background: I’m a clinical manager of a small prosthetic clinic in metro Atlanta. My day to day involves patient care and prosthetic treatment implementation, medical record keeping, coordinating staff with Works in Progress (retrieving necessary medical documentation from prescribing physicians, discussing insurance authorization timelines, coordinating scheduling of patients), updating billing projections for our accounting department, purchasing necessary supplemental componentry for prosthesis (this involves purchasing and receiving), and occasional facility maintenance. I’m sure there is more that I am leaving out, but the idea is this role involves various daily tasks.

The main reason I would like to switch is due to the lack of income potential and burnout. I enjoy working with this patient population, but I’m needing something different. I don’t feel as though I’m earning up to my potential/feel like my career has hit a plateau.

I have a friend that works in medical sales and he’s making 2.5x what I make (currently making around $78k, so im a pore).

Anyways, looking for suggestions or thoughts from the Bunk. I appreciate you all! WDE

TL/DR: I'm tired of working in patient care and want to switch careers to something relevant that makes more $. Has anyone done this or have suggestions?

Update provided in new post

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News