ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Week Thoughts

penya87

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
We have hit the halfway point of the year. Things have not gone the way we expected. Here are some quick numbers to paint a picture of how things are going.

Offense vs. FBS

93rd in Scoring Offense - 21.4 points per game

51st in Total Offense - 407.8 yards per game

27th in Yards per Play - 6.43

131st in Total Turnovers Lost

97th in RedZone Scoring % - 78% Scoring

13th in 20+ yard plays

16th in 40+ yard plays

95th in Sacks Allowed - 2.4 sacks per game

68th in 3rd Down Conversions

103rd in 4th Down Conversions

3 of 7 on Field Goals

Obviously, turnovers are a huge problem. I was a bit surprised that our RedZone Scoring was so poor. I think the numbers also indicate the offense is capable of moving the football. Elimination of turnovers is still the biggest priority. 3rd and 4th Down conversions are concerning. Got to stay on the field. Field Goals being bad is not something I expected. Last year, Auburn was 13/13 on the year. Opportunities for success are there if the offense continues to move the football as it has.

Defense vs. FBS

58th in Scoring Defense - 24.4 points per game

49th in Total Defense - 357.2 yards per game

45th in Yards per Play - 5.32

90th in Takeaways - only 4

35th in RedZone Scoring % - 77% allowed

64th in allowing 20+ yard plays

78th in allowing 40+ yard plays

65th in Sacks per Game - 1.8 per game

86th in Opponent 3rd Down Conversion - 43%

65th in Opponent 4th Down Conversion - 55%

Defensively, the inconsistency is also apparent. Things that seemed to haunt us last year are still an issue... Getting to the QB. Getting off the field. Lack of takeaways. We are actually worse in those areas compared to last year. I think we can all live with the yards allowed and scoring.

Would love to see numbers on our average starting field position for both Offense and Defense. Feels like our offense is routinely starting in areas of the field on our own 20 or less. Defense seems to be in less optimal areas as well (mainly due to turnovers).

Final takeaway is that this team doesn't feel like 2-4 team... We are easily the best 2-4 team in the country for whatever that is worth. I think Auburn is better than Mississippi State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas, and Florida.

The opportunity to finish the final 6 games with a 4-2 record is realistic. Got to get better.

@crococile22 @ricedp105 @Docdumpsta @stutsman23 @CJ3131 @grizzlyadams16 @Jeffrey Lee @murray_hitchock @Big Blue

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.