ADVERTISEMENT

Bunk, need some prayers for my dad…

jibijibiwaba

TITAN OF TECH
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Bunk, my dad has been having a rough go of it lately. He suffered with a nasty cough and severe headaches for a couple months. He was treated for bronchitis for far longer than normal (months). He spent a lot of time in bed and developed severe swelling in his legs. This would eventually set the stage for blood clots in his legs.

A blood clot found in his lung a few weeks ago put him in the hospital (Wellstar LaGrange) with low oxygen saturation levels, amongst other things. He was possibly having heart failure, although that eventually came back negative and he was diagnosed with multi-focal pneumonia. He was discharged the following week on in-home oxygen and things seemed okay.

My stepmother returned home from work last Monday and found him face-down on their bedroom floor. He had no movement on his left side and experienced a stroke. Ambulance services flew him on a helicopter to Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta. They removed the blood clot from his brain (right side, MCA) with a quick procedure. He was at Kennestone in ICU and IMCU until Sunday when he was again discharged. He was already gaining some movement back, but it was still going to be a long journey.

His at-home oxygen machine had issues and my stepmom had issues with it, so 911 was called on their first night home. They were again called tonight and he’s apparently experiencing a heart attack right this moment. He is at Wellstar LaGrange again.

And I’m also getting married this upcoming Saturday to a really special Auburn girl. It absolutely breaks my heart that my father - my best friend - won’t be able to be there already… and now he’s going through this. I’m having an anxiety attack right this moment and all of this is just really a lot… like a lotta lot.

Just please say a prayer (or your preference), if you don’t mind. They help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.