ADVERTISEMENT

Buckhorn sophomore Caleb Holt named Alabama’s Mr Basketball for 2023-24…and that’s not all…

Archie

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2002
Huntsville, AL
Buckhorn’s Caleb Holt became the first sophomore to win the state’s 42nd Mr. Basketball by the Alabama Sports Writers Association. He also secured Class 6A Player of Year honors, in back-to-back years, at Tuesday’s high school basketball banquet in Montgomery.

After averaging 20.2 points, 9.5 rebounds, three steals and 2.4 assists for the Bucks (23-5) this season, he was named MVP of the Class 6A state tournament and led his squad to back-to-back state titles. Not to mention, being named the Gatorade and MaxPreps Alabama Player of the Year.

Not bad for a sophomore.

Ranked 3rd nationally in the sophomore class he could set all kinds of award records if he can lead Buckhorn to 4 straight state titles and win 3 state Mr Basketball awards.

I know Oats and the evil ones are all over him and “Auburn is recruiting him”….I’m sure he’ll be a one and done in three years but I’d sure love to see him in orange & blue….he’s the best sophomore I’ve ever seen in this state….as well as the best 8th & 9th grader I’ve ever seen in this state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News