ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Bruce Pearl quick notes (SEC Media Days)

Henry Patton

All-American
Staff
Apr 5, 2022
Dallas, TX
Bruce Pearl is kicking off his 11th season at Auburn at the podium at SEC Media Days. Refresh for updates

• He's asked about Kentucky coaches. I don't care and neither do you so we're skipping this
  • Asked about the non-con schedule: "We've got all that we can handle for sure. But it's what we've built, what we've worked for."
  • Mentioned that they can't completely control recruiting and the portal, but they have full control of their schedule
  • "Our players deserve to play the best."
  • Asked about Johni Broome: "He had an opportunity to go somewhere late in the second round and get a two-way contract." Pearl mentioned that players before NIL would jump at that, but that's not the case now.
  • Asked about Denver playing point"I think Denver makes good decisions with the ball... I think it's going to be good for his future development. I think the most challenging thing on a basketball court is playing point guard and another position."
  • Pearl also said Jones has had as good of an offseason as any returner on the team
  • Asked about Chaney Johnson: "Every night he is going to be going up against a great player at the 4 spot... just need a little more aggressiveness on the offensive and defensive end."
That's all for Bruce

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.