ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Bruce Pearl quick notes (12/15/22)

BrianStultz

All-American
Staff
Jul 1, 2021
We are set to speak with Bruce Pearl as Auburn prepares for its trip out West to USC and Washington

Follow along and refresh for all updates. Thanks!

- Two games left before Christmas. These are two games that you certainly have circled on your calendar when you put together the schedule.

- USC is picked 4th in their league. Ellis and Peterson (?) are both key plays to stop. Play through Peterson in the post. Better defensively than offensively. Do a lot of packing in. A lot of size and length.

- First true road game. Auburn is the only team in college basketball that has three true road games.

- Auburn will practice this afternoon and tomorrow morning. Heading out tomorrow afternoon.

- Said he wasn't told to schedule game with USC but it is like when your boss says, "Do this is like when your wife says do this.'"

- On Wendell Green status: "Wendell will not practice today or tomorrow but will make the trip and we will evaluate it."

- Our defensive numbers last night were good but there were still a lot of breakdowns. Thought they played really good defense in the second half.

- Offensively Auburn went to the foul line a lot. It was a slowed down game.

- On trip helping team bond: "For me and for others, it is nice to have the campus quiet. But for the guys, it is the worst time to be here. I'm sure they are thrilled to get out and go see some things in LA and Seattle."

- Concerned about rebounding? "I'm concerned about our rebounding, our field goal percentage..." He's concerned about a lot.

- "We should be further down the road then we are right now."

- Jaylin was the best player on the floor last night. Tre played great which was nice to see. I thought Johni did some things that helped us.

- Timing of the two road games: "I think being on the road when school is out is a great thing."

- BP says Christmas Vacation is his go-to holiday movie. Also, he will definitely catch a fish at the fish market.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News