ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Brandon Council quotes...

BryanMatthews

ANIMATED GIF MASTER
Staff
May 9, 2014
Auburn, AL
auburn.rivals.com
I'll be writing this shortly and provide video but here's some of what he said today...

What makes UGA defense so effective?
Their third-down packages and they’ve got some interior stunts that kind of hinder the run game, but we’re going to start off that. You start off that to run the ball on them and keep them out of their third-down packages, really we can demolish them, I believe personally, upfront.

Where can you improve the most on run blocking?
I’d definitely say when it comes to the backside of the blocking schemes, I feel like the backside of our run game we can improve more. But as soon as we get it frontside, I think it’s over because we get the push. We fix the backside problem and we’re going to be more vertical and get the push we need.

What have you seen from Georgia DL to make you think you can have success?
Because of right now, they don’t have that much depth due to injuries in the interior D-line. And the guys that do come out, I don’t think they trust them. So if we keep them out of third down where they can’t bring packages and keep their main guys on the field, we’re just going to run the ball on them all day because they’re going to get tired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News