ADVERTISEMENT

Booster Shots for ALL

TBFan

All-American
Jul 2, 2001
Just as I predicted last week.

Just as I predicted last week.

They are being proactive but the stats show we don’t need them except for immunocompromised people and the elderly. They want them to slow the spread of delta. I don’t blame them. If you’re in contact with somebody at high risk, you should get it. I am in contact with a dad and a MIl who are both immunocompromised and over 80 so I’ll get it for them.

They are being proactive but the stats show we don’t need them except for immunocompromised people and the elderly. They want them to slow the spread of delta. I don’t blame them. If you’re in contact with somebody at high risk, you should get it. I am in contact with a dad and a MIl who are both immunocompromised and over 80 so I’ll get it for them.
You are embarrassing yourself. Just last week you said the booster shots would only be for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. And that possibly a year from now they might require boosters. Now, you claim they are being "proactive". You're beginning to sound like Fauci.

Reactions: Jim in Scranton
You are embarrassing yourself. Just last week you said the booster shots would only be for the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. And that possibly a year from now they might require boosters. Now, you claim they are being "proactive". You're beginning to sound like Fauci.
Look, basement Joe had to come out and say something today. He had to be "seen", but certainly didn't want to talk about his Afghanistan debacle ("it's Trump's fault" ya know). So he had 3 "covid events."
Just like the border disaster, ole' Kamala "Willie Brown" Harris is nowhere to be seen. She is in hiding, because she "was the last one in the room", when Biden approved his evacuation "plan."
Instead of making decisions, and informing the American people.......he ran some Deputy Asst at the State Dept. out to make some "heart felt" speech, about how girls and women were being treated awful back in 2001.
Psssssstttt........I think everyone knows that......what people want to know is what will be/is being done, to save Americans and others who were left to hang.
In fact, bumbling Joe's State Dept said they don't really know the exact equipment taken by the Taliban. Can anyone actually imagine a State Dept. official, saying that?

You've guaranteed us that the new vaccines would provide long, lasting immunity. And it appears that you were wrong, just as you usually are. This despite me debating you, writing reams of posts over many months, telling you that you couldn't guarantee anything with the vaccines being so new, and COVID being such a weird bug.

For anyone to be SO adamant, strident, and cocky, but never come back to say they were wrong, is despicable. If you're going to talk mad smack, at least come back and own it when you're proven wrong by subsequent discovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: TBFan

They aren’t requiring boosters. Lol. It’s for people that want to guard against any infection. Protection against death or hospitalization hasn’t dropped. It’s only being done to limit transmission of Covid.

Reactions: Horace From Three
You've guaranteed us that the new vaccines would provide long, lasting immunity, for most of this year. And it appears that you were wrong, just as you usually are. This despite my debating you with reams of posts for many months telling you that you couldn't guarantee anything with the vaccines being so new, and COVID being such a weird bug.

For anyone to be SO adamant, strident, and cocky, but never come back to say they were wrong, is despicable. If you're going to talk mad smack, at least come back and own it when you're proven wrong by time.

They do. They haven’t dropped at all vs severe Covid in the US. Hell, even in Israel, the numbers are dumb. Do you want links? You’ll look like the fool you are if you think this move was done for any other reason but to limit spread of cases, not anything serious. It’s overkill.

They do. They haven’t dropped at all vs severe Covid in the US. Hell, even in Israel, the numbers are dumb. Do you want links? You’ll look like the fool you are if you think this move was done for any other reason but to limit spread of cases, not anything serious. It’s overkill.

What you'd said earlier was that the would provide long, lasting, PERSISTENT immunity, on multiple immune system levels. So, doesn't it stand to reason that if what you said were true, we wouldn't need a booster, to limit spread of cases???

We won't even get into what you said about fully vaccinated folks not being able to spread it, and the completely immature clowning and ridiculing that you gave to someone who said that was a distinct possibility.

Last edited:
What you'd said earlier was that the would provide long, lasting, PERSISTENT immunity, on multiple immune system levels. So, doesn't it stand to reason that if what you said were true, we wouldn't need a booster, to limit spread of cases???

We won't even get into what you said about fully vaccinated folks not being able to spread it, and the completely immature clowning you applied to someone saying that was a possibility.

At that time, the science said they weren’t transmitting it. Also, we do not NEED the boosters except for the elderly and immunocompromised. The vaccines do prevent many from getting Covid but that’s bit their ultimate purpose. Covid would be nothing if we were 100% vaccinated. We have oeutectuin from severe disease for years. Even the elderly have very good prutecruin still for severe Covid.

At that time, the science said they weren’t transmitting it. Also, we do not NEED the boosters except for the elderly and immunocompromised. The vaccines do prevent many from getting Covid but that’s bit their ultimate purpose. Covid would be nothing if we were 100% vaccinated. We have oeutectuin from severe disease for years. Even the elderly have very good prutecruin still for severe Covid.
Like I said, embarrassing yourself and as au4life_rz stated, unwilling to admit when you are wrong.

Reactions: au4life_rz
August 12, 7:41pm

We aren’t going to NEED boosters unless you’re older or have immunity issues. They might offer one in 6 months for those that can’t stand the idea of catching it with minor or zero symptoms.

August 13, 10:28am

Starting to change my mind about a booster. Thought about getting an infection with little to no symptoms or even real symptoms and passing it to my dad or MIL. I can’t take that chance. If they give a booster for normal people, I’ll have to give it string consideration even if Pfizer stays where it’s at on symptomatic Covid efficacy and death/hospitalization efficacy.

ryan-gosling-laugh.gif

August 12, 7:41pm

August 13, 10:28am

ryan-gosling-laugh.gif

Everything I said was true. We do not NEED A BOOSTER. If I got one, I would be doing it only to not endanger and lose another parent to Covid. Boosters just protect against infection. I don’t care about infection if I don’t see my dad or MIL.

I’ll try to help some of you educate yourselves.

Everything I said was true. We do not NEED A BOOSTER. If I got one, I would be doing it only to not endanger and lose another parent to Covid. Boosters just protect against infection. I don’t care about infection if I don’t see my dad or MIL.
Why would you be worried about spreading it?

Again, you take things too literally. It’s a tiny part of the spread. Super tiny. Those were earlier studies saying “highly unlikely” (meaning not 100%). You understand what highly unlikely means? Let’s get to the real issue. You still think spread by vaccinated people could be huge. It’s not. It’s very minor. The unvaccinated cause 95% of the spread.

Why would you be worried about spreading it?

Because you can still get Covid and transmit Covid. It’s not 100%. If a booster takes it to closer to 100%, I’ll do it for my dad and MIL. Also, the booster is supposed to provide 10 times the antibodies the first two shots did. That will give them more protection from us.

Because you can still get Covid and transmit Covid. It’s not 100%. If a booster takes it to closer to 100%, I’ll do it for my dad and MIL. Also, the booster is supposed to provide 10 times the antibodies the first two shots did. That will give them more protection from us.
So you would recommend anyone that is around older or unhealthy people get the booster then? (Basically everyone in the world).

Sounds like you're saying we DO NEED A BOOSTER.

So you would recommend anyone that is around older or unhealthy people get the booster then? (Basically everyone in the world).

Sounds like you're saying we DO NEED A BOOSTER.

No, not unhealthy. Those very old and also have immune issues. Both of them have had cancer and over 80. We don’t need a booster but some of us will take the extra protection. This is only about infections, not severe Covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT