ADVERTISEMENT

Best police getaways while you were young and dumb

Bob Mapplethorpe

AKA "MOMO-B"
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2011
Here
First one was when I was 20 and had snow in Opelika. Did doughnuts in front of the baseball field. Saw blue lights coming from the top of Rocky Brook road. I hit the gas to find two cop cars trying to block the street. My little toyota truck split them and went 4 blocks more. Slid into a back yard behind some hedges while I cut the lights and stayed there two hours watching blue lights go back and forth. Finally backed out and went six blocks to my mother’s house and had a wonderful sleep.

Second was when I was 21 and at Auburn. I was with a local golf legends son and we had just taken vodka from his parents house in ziplock bags. Gassed it and hit a hard left. Parked near the supper club and ran to the Waffle House. Stayed they’re two hours and got us back home.

Living in Atlanta, I drive completely around 285 twice before finding my friends exit on the east side. Was a block away and the cop put his lights on in a church parking lot. I drive over and asked for the name of the street where my friend lived. “You ok son?” “Yessir, do I take a right or a left up here?”. Told me where to go and damnit I got there. By driving up to him and asking for directions, I assume he thought there was no way I was drunk. I will never behave this way again, but damn if I couldn’t get away.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.