ADVERTISEMENT

Been waiting...

P.F.D.

All-American
Oct 15, 2002
at least a couple of years to watch Gus coach his final game at Auburn. Looks like tomorrow will be that day (win or lose).

A week ago I would have been a little disappointed with anyone other than Freeze, but Luke Fickell has grown on me. He’s the most intriguing candidate out there IMO. The more I look at his resume, the more impressed I become. I’m not quite as sold on MC as others, but he’s certainly a better option than Gus. I think he could win big at Auburn with the right staff, but I’m just not sure I would choose him over the other two mentioned.

The only other name that I’ve heard discussed that scares me to death is Napier. Just not sold on him, especially when you know there are more proven coaching commodities out there ready to take the job should it be offered. BTW, that list is a good bit longer than one might think.

Reactions: ltlgas321
How in the world did this end up in Dear Diary and not on the bunker?

at least a couple of years to watch Gus coach his final game at Auburn. Looks like tomorrow will be that day (win or lose).

A week ago I would have been a little disappointed with anyone other than Freeze, but Luke Fickell has grown on me. He’s the most intriguing candidate out there IMO. The more I look at his resume, the more impressed I become. I’m not quite as sold on MC as others, but he’s certainly a better option than Gus. I think he could win big at Auburn with the right staff, but I’m just not sure I would choose him over the other two mentioned.

The only other name that I’ve heard discussed that scares me to death is Napier. Just not sold on him, especially when you know there are more proven coaching commodities out there ready to take the job should it be offered. BTW, that list is a good bit longer than one might think.
As I posted, giving this guy a $21 Million buy-out when the world is falling apart because of covid is a really bad look. Maybe instead of talking about a new coach you should be trying to understand why you AD is making change during these terrible time for our country?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT