ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Auburn playing host to FAU on Nov. 1

Jay G. Tate

IT'S A TRAP!
Staff
Jan 17, 2003
Montgomery, Ala.
Pretty cool, huh?

AUBURN, Ala. – Auburn men’s basketball will host FAU in a charity exhibition game on Friday, Nov. 1 at 7 p.m. at Neville Arena, with all proceeds from ticket sales benefiting the Auburn University Melton Scholars Program.

“I would like to thank the NCAA for their wisdom and willingness to support this game,” head coach Bruce Pearl said. “We are going to make a tremendous impact. The visibility and exposure that this game is going to receive; it’s not only going to allow people to buy tickets but also make contributions, or even have a discussion around the kitchen table asking, ‘What do you think about us sponsoring a Melton Scholar? I wonder what that would look like. We’re going to give them that opportunity on Nov. 1.

“I’ve always believed you can’t ask somebody to do something that you’re not willing to do yourself. I’ve always invested in the scholarship program and our family is very proud to be a Melton Scholar donor. Do what God would have us do every single day and try the best of our abilities to live by that.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.