ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn back to requiring mask starting on Jan 3rd.

On the one hand, masks aren’t a huge inconvenience. I work for the university so I’ll be dealing with it all day, but it’s not a huge deal.

On the other hand, why am I having even a minor inconvenience forced upon me with zero benefit to anyone? Especially considering Lee County is averaging only 0.3 deaths/day over the last two weeks.

It really isn't.
It totally affects how we interact with each other. Were we only physical creatures, I’d completely agree. But we’re not. We’re communal creatures with a spiritual realm. Something is lost in communicating with others wearing a mask, not to mention the false sense of control it brings that has some interesting consequences.

Both are hard to quantify, hence why it’s hard to “prove” that it’s harmful, but it absolutely is. You see this in child development and how kids learn basic social skills and communication through facial signs. There’s a reason people love FaceTime and no-one wears a mask while FaceTiming.

To say it perhaps too simply, it’s dehumanizing. It destroys intimacy and breeds confusion and severely harms our relationships with others. There’s more to being human than simply reducing physical risk, let alone doing so by any means necessary. We’ll reap the consequences of this.

Forgive my speech here… this stuff is tricky. I get it. War damn.

College kids wear masks at parties and the bars? If not, useless to mandate.
Exactly. Masks don’t work. Data shows it. Look at the areas that are masked up…no lower spread. New York just posted the highest case count for a day on record TODAY, and they’re all masks.
Also, this is beginning to be like having a pissing section in a pool. Straight up dumb.

Last edited:
Imagine a person so overwhelmed that the simple act of slipping a mask on is a HUGE inconvenience…
Imagine being ok with the government being able to dictate that you cover your face with cloth before you can attend a sporting event, a class, etc, all of which you have paid for in advance for no legitimate reason whatsoever just because they can. Might as well be ok with them telling you that you have to shave your head, have a vasectomy and give up the consumption of all meat products to enter as well. Sounds stupid doesn’t it? It is because none of these things provide any benefit to anyone else and require people to do stupid things for no reason

Imagine being ok with the government being able to dictate that you cover your face with cloth before you can attend a sporting event, a class, etc, all of which you have paid for in advance for no legitimate reason whatsoever just because they can. Might as well be ok with them telling you that you have to shave your head, have a vasectomy and give up the consumption of all meat products to enter as well. Sounds stupid doesn’t it? It is because none of these things provide any benefit to anyone else and require people to do stupid things for no reason
Imagine not giving one single fvck about the govt, whats reported on the news and not knowing the name of one single person holding high positions in the govt. imagine a person that forms his own opinion without having to be told what to think by whats on a tv channel. Imagine how stress free that person is. I like not having stress.

• Love
Reactions: stutsman23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT