ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Attended practice today...

BryanMatthews

ANIMATED GIF MASTER
Staff
May 9, 2014
Auburn, AL
auburn.rivals.com
I attended basketball practice this afternoon. Here are some observations...

** Mostly worked on offensive plays along with some zone defense. There was a lot of emphasis on switching and communicating defensively.

** During some halfcourt work, Devan Cambridge made three contested 3-pointers, which was good to see. He was a little inconsistent when I watched him this summer.

** They did do some full court, but it was against the scout team. Chris Moore had a nice stretch where he got a defensive rebound, then an offensive rebound and layup on the other end. Next trip down he got another offensive rebound and put back.

** KD Johnson had a steal, passed to Wendell Green, who tossed up a perfect alley-oop to KD. Green had a nice steal and layup on next possession, and then a couple of possessions later, nailed a 3.

** Jaylin Williams hit a couple of 3's during the full court. Jabari Smith had an offensive rebound and slam, a driving layup and a sweet pull-up jumper.

** Bruce Pearl was pretty animated (when is he not) during the practice. He made the scholarship guys run several times when they would have turnovers or give up offensive rebounds. Dylan Cardwell had a pretty good day defensively, but one thing that stood out to me was him leading much of the extra sprints they had to run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News