ADVERTISEMENT

ATL Peeps: "DeKalb County's Government is 'rotten to the core'" per investigation

AUBKV

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Just read this article in the AJC (LINK). Tons and tons of allegations of abuse and misappropriations. The investigators found that it affected very single department. I understand this probably happens with any government, but given the recent scandals involving test scores and cheating as well as Burrell Ellis' arrest, this sounds about right. What's funny to me is that the interim CEO, Lee May (who's interim because the other guy, Burrell Ellis, got arrested for shadiness) said that he doesn't believe the allegations because he believes all government employees are honest. What's even funnier to me is that the commissioners almost didn't even approve the investigation because "they thought the money would be better spent elsewhere".

As a DeKalb resident, not surprised at all. Not sure if anyone has ever tried to take a gander at the DeKalb County school budgets, but it's really pathetic how much money they manage to squander on a yearly basis. Literally 50% of my prop tax bill goes to the schools and all we get back are some of the state's worst graduation rates and standardized test scores, old/outdated buildings and overloaded classrooms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News