ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone done a drunk chicken on gas grill?

DahnSahn

All-American
Dec 5, 2012
renting a house at lake Martin this weekend and all they have is a gas grill. Wife wants my drunk chicken for her bday but I always do it on a charcoal grill or BGE.

Anyone done it on gas?

TIA

renting a house at lake Martin this weekend and all they have is a gas grill. Wife wants my drunk chicken for her bday but I always do it on a charcoal grill or BGE.

Anyone done it on gas?

TIA

No, but if I had I wouldn't tell anyone.

Reactions: au_goat and LVOTP
Yes, best if you use some wet hickory chips in an aluminum pan or foil to smoke chicken. Only takes an hour or little more - done when you can pull wing from breast.

Yes, best if you use some wet hickory chips in an aluminum pan or foil to smoke chicken. Only takes an hour or little more - done when you can pull wing from breast.

How do you imitate indirect heat best on a gas grill though?

Hell yes on gas. Also put it in a cast iron skillet. Right before you pull it off put a knife in the bottom of your can. Let whatever is in your can boil out with the rendered chicken grease. Serve with white bread. My drunk post of the night.

Reactions: Howgie
There's a ton of dripping that come off (as I'm sure you know). You're going to have issues with fire even if you turn off a zone.

Don't understand why all the hate over gas grills. I do not use charcoal. My Weber Genesis if awesome as hell! Will challenge anyone! Bring it.
I've got the Green Egg, a Lang smoker, and the Weber Genesis E330. They all have certain benefits and functions. But, I use the Weber 90% of the time. You can do a lot of different things on it, and it's faster with less clean up.

Reactions: Howgie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT