ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody that knows the goings on at EAMC, is this legit?

I don't understand why this is such a lightning rod. There are studies going both ways. Seems to lean towards it not being very effective. I don't understand why people are so defensive. If a doctor has had good success with it, I don't have a problem with them using it. Been a safe drug for years and years. I also don't get why people act like it's insulting them when people point out it probably doesn't work. But you know what? It's only been a few months. I'm sure as we learn more about the virus there will be more clarity on what actually works and what doesn't. I think people just want it to be like viruses and diseases we've known about forever and have a lot of answers for. It's still a moving target.

Eugene Gu?

I look forward to a rebuttal from Diamond and Silk.
I hope Diamond and Silk get involved. I would love to get their thoughts on this stuff. Dr. Demon Sperm is one of the best characters to emerge during all of this. You can't make this stuff up...

I don't know anything about him other than I thought that was a humorous and accurate observation. Do you disagree with his comment about Dr. Immanuel?

I think he is projecting because he knows he is a left wing extremist and says stupid stuff all the time.

Just don't make fun of anyone using a tweet from some one extremely conservative and you won't be a hypocrite since now you know

I don't understand why this is such a lightning rod. There are studies going both ways. Seems to lean towards it not being very effective. I don't understand why people are so defensive. If a doctor has had good success with it, I don't have a problem with them using it. Been a safe drug for years and years. I also don't get why people act like it's insulting them when people point out it probably doesn't work. But you know what? It's only been a few months. I'm sure as we learn more about the virus there will be more clarity on what actually works and what doesn't. I think people just want it to be like viruses and diseases we've known about forever and have a lot of answers for. It's still a moving target.
If the leader of our country didn't mention this drug, no one would care..that's why.

Yep. @DM8 using a tweet from him but giving hell for rice using a tweet from Clay Travis is pretty funny and hypocritical.

Doc is a left wing nut

For my engineering work, I use the work of a noted Harvard mathematician and California Berkley professor. He had some issues in the 70s,80s, and 90s but it was a bit of a misunderstanding. He goes by Ted and he's doing well from what I hear.

I don't know anything about him other than I thought that was a humorous and accurate observation. Do you disagree with his comment about Dr. Immanuel?
what's humorous is you sucking off every doctor on this board for anything they post negative about COVID then turn around and use that tweet to tell someone not to listen to what all doctors do and say.

If it fits your narrative you treat it as the gold standard, especially coming from a doctor. I have several friends that are normal human beings, have a lot more schooling and experience than you, aren't loons like....never mind, and take it.
I don't see any reason not to if there's even a slight chance at it helping.... Kinda like wearing a mask

I would be grateful. It is apparently a great prophylactic.

Just imagine, there are many places around the country that prohibit their doctors from prescribing the drug due to the political leanings of the hospital administration.
Just imagine that you're this full of shit.

Reactions: DM8
If the leader of our country didn't mention this drug, no one would care..that's why.
Probably would've been much better for everyone had he just said something like "we've got some meds that look promising" rather than singling out a certain drug before it was proven to be effective... Would certainly give less ammunition to those looking to spin a narrative on either side.

Good points. None of the other medications that have been studied for COVID have become controversial so there was no reason for that to be the case with this one. If the studies for HCQ were showing promising results, that would be great news. Unfortunately, the largest randomized trials haven't shown it is not effective. One bright spot is that we would have never heard about Dr. Demon Sperm if it wasn't for this controversy. In the midst of such a shitty year, we should take anything we can get that provides some much needed comic relief.

For my engineering work, I use the work of a noted Harvard mathematician and California Berkley professor. He had some issues in the 70s,80s, and 90s but it was a bit of a misunderstanding. He goes by Ted and he's doing well from what I hear.
Yuve waited dis long to tell uz dat YORE AN ENGINEEEEEEEEEEER??????????
tenor.gif

@CJ3131 @bull @RT @MetallicAub @ouldetiger @valdosta eagle @AU McBain @Henrytd20

Probably would've been much better for everyone had he just said something like "we've got some meds that look promising" rather than singling out a certain drug before it was proven to be effective... Would certainly give less ammunition to those looking to spin a narrative on either side.
If trump wasn't the greatest king buffoon we've ever witnessed...

There are like a million things to put next.

Eh, they hate the President for the sky being blue. If he just said that they'd move on the to the next hate Trump talking point.

Reactions: gatorz1209
I think he is projecting because he knows he is a left wing extremist and says stupid stuff all the time.

Just don't make fun of anyone using a tweet from some one extremely conservative and you won't be a hypocrite since now you know
Gotcha. He wasn't offering any medical expertise so I wasn't offering his comment because he was a doc. He could be a complete moron otherwise for all I know, but his comment was humorous and accurate on this issue.

Gotcha. He wasn't offering any medical expertise so I wasn't offering his comment because he was a doc. He could be a complete moron otherwise for all I know, but his comment was humorous and accurate on this issue.

And there are times when Clay Travis accurate.

Again, now you know. Just don't respond making fun of other for using hardcore conservatives, unless you want be a hypocrite.

It's all good now

Reactions: anon_xdkqbpnrbtnct
Sorry man, in my spare time. I have a massive trust fund and also use that money to invest in major real estate.

If anyone wants to come to my tailgate I'm still having it this year. I won't be there as I'll be on my yacht with Dan Blizerian and his Instagram peeps.

Ted's a great dude. The government are a bunch of assholes for not letting him continue to chill in his cabin.

And there are times when Clay Travis accurate.

Again, now you know. Just don't respond making fun of other for using hardcore conservatives, unless you want be a hypocrite.

It's all good now
I think everyone knows who Clay Travis is. I have never heard of this guy before so that's not a particularly good comparison. If I offered this guy's views for their medical accuracy and he had been wrong about a lot of stuff in the past, you would certainly be right to point that out though, just as people have done with Clay's various COVID hot takes that aged poorly.

what's humorous is you sucking off every doctor on this board for anything they post negative about COVID then turn around and use that tweet to tell someone not to listen to what all doctors do and say.
I posted the tweet about the demon sperm doc because I thought it was humorous. As someone already pointed out, there's no need for you to get so defensive. Your friends or any other doc are free to prescribe this medication to themselves or anyone else. I hope it works for them and their patients.

Stop the presses. Rice and I agree on something for once. Just like every other medication being studied for COVID, there would have never been any controversy over HCQ had POTUS not decided to tout it as the greatest game changer in the history of medicine prior to any studies being completed to determine whether it was effective.

Eh, they hate the President for the sky being blue. If he just said that they'd move on the to the next hate Trump talking point.
Yeah, this is another debate I don't care to get into with you. I find it very hard to believe that anyone could argue that not mentioning the drug by name would've been a worse approach, but it's not worth my time to discuss.

Reactions: Big Blue and DM8
IIRC @mrhickory had some thoughts on this approach that have evolved. Not sure if the prophylactic approach has been scrutinized as much as its use as a treatment.
Not sure if prophylactic use has been studied as much as therapeutic, but there are studies on that aspect. Can't vouch for the veracity of this site, but it cites several peer-reviewed studies that show prophylactic use of HCQ is effective in prevention of COVID. Others show little or no effect...

https://c19study.com/

Here is a study of studies that concludes "a meta-analysis of publicly available clinical reports demonstrates that chloroquine derivatives are effective to improve clinical and virological outcomes but, more importantly, it reduces mortality by a factor 3 in patients infected with COVID-19." I don't think it is peer-reviewed...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2052297520300615

I'm not convinced that HCQ is effective or ineffective yet because the signal to noise ratio in the data is very low due to political motivations among the various interests. I am convinced that usage of reasonable doses is not harmful and that most of those claiming that the drug is dangerous are driving agendas.

Yeah, this is another debate I don't care to get into with you. I find it very hard to believe that anyone could argue that not mentioning the drug by name would've been a worse approach, but it's not worth my time to discuss.
At this point he would be better off just saying the opposite of whatever he thinks/wants because his opposition is going to decry whatever he says and promote its antithesis. But...He. Just. Can't. Help. Himself.

At this point he would be better off just saying the opposite of whatever he thinks/wants because his opposition is going to decry whatever he says and promote its antithesis. But...He. Just. Can't. Help. Himself.
Or, as @stutsman23 said, he could stop touting the medication. If he had never promoted HCQ as the greatest game changer in the history of medication, it never would have been controversial. If he had stopped talking about it in April, no one would be talking about it now. It was out of the news for a while until he announced he was taking it. It had been out of the news again until he decided to promote Dr. demon sperm's bogus claim that HCQ cures COVID. He's the reason HCQ keeps reemerging as a major story. You are correct that he certainly can't help himself though.

Or, as @stutsman23 said, he could stop touting the medication. If he had never weighed in on this, it never would have been controversial. If he had stopped talking about it in April, no one would be talking about it now. It was out of the news for a while until he announced he was taking it. It had been out of the news again until he decided to promote Dr. demon sperm's bogus claim that HCQ cures COVID. He's the reason HCQ keeps reemerging as a major story.
Yeah, but then he wouldn't be himself. Stopping touting the medication, really stopping anything he does or says, just isn't who he is. If he could stop, he would.

Yeah, but then he wouldn't be himself. Stopping touting the medication, really stopping anything he does or says, just isn't who he is. If he could stop, he would.
I certainly agree with that. That's the case in a nut shell for why he is not qualified to be our President.

I certainly agree with that. That's the case in a nut shell for why he is not qualified to be our President.
If being qualified were a requirement for being POTUS, several previous presidents wouldn't have been in the office either.

If being qualified were a requirement for being POTUS, several previous presidents wouldn't have been in the office either.
We've never had a POTUS who was incapable of preventing himself from making reckless and/or false statements on a constant basis. He is displaying a level of incompetence we have never seen in a President.

I was tagged on this. Early on, prophylaxis with hydroxychloroquine was offered at many hospitals. As more studies have shown little to no effect on use as prophylaxis, most hospitals discontinued this practice.

The guys promoting it’s use must remember that even if it ends up showing even some modicum of success in future studies that it will require superiority over other treatments to be used. I believe the majority of studies will show little to no benefit however, there will be some studies that the hardcore believers in this medication will be able to grasp onto. But once again, using it with success and it being superior to other medications are two completely different things.

Reactions: jrodb24 and DM8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT