ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody that knows the goings on at EAMC, is this legit?

DufnerFanBoy

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2013
There's a post being shared on facebook right now claiming all the doctors are taking HCQ, presumably as a preventative, and making it sound like it's EAMC's decision. Is that accurate, ahlfway accurate, completely fabricated?

Not trying to have a debate about the drug, merely trying to figure out if there's legitimacy to EAMC having doctors take it.

Reactions: Tiger Hoops Guy
I would be grateful. It is apparently a great prophylactic.

Just imagine, there are many places around the country that prohibit their doctors from prescribing the drug due to the political leanings of the hospital administration.

I would be grateful. It is apparently a great prophylactic.

Just imagine, there are many places around the country that prohibit their doctors from prescribing the drug due to the political leanings of the hospital administration.
one of my renter's took it when he tested positive. also took a z-pack and zinc and said he had a mild cold for 2 days

Without knowing anything about the situation, I'll say it almost certainly isn't entirely accurate simply based on the fact that an employer can't force you to take medicine

That's kinda what I had thought in my mind, but I thought I remembered some people associated with the hospital posted here. Figured it didn't hurt to ask.

Without knowing anything about the situation, I'll say it almost certainly isn't entirely accurate simply based on the fact that an employer can't force you to take medicine
What if the doctors are prescribing it to themselves and taking it on their own?

What if the doctors are prescribing it to themselves and taking it on their own?

Then I'd like to hear more about why they're doing that. After asking some other people around town, I do not believe EAMC is asking or mandating anyone take anything, which is what I figured was the case. Sounds like some individual doctors might be taking it, though.

They can give you the option to take medicine or work somewhere else.

My wife takes flu shots as a condition of employment. The Navy put so many drugs in me they are probably still there.

My wife works for a children’s hospital and is required to get a flu shot every year.

That isn't medicine. They can't sit there and watch every doctor take a pill and fire them if they don't take it

nurses lol, you know she's a freak

i am a freak, but i’m also a he.

bet she's DTF

i’m also DTF.

and, no. no one has been forced to take HCQ. when this all first started, and anecdotal evidence was all we had, frontline workers were OFFERED hydroxychloroquine. while i can’t speak for every single physician, the answer is no. facebook is once again wrong.

i’m also DTF.

and, no. no one has been forced to take HCQ. when this all first started, and anecdotal evidence was all we had, frontline workers were OFFERED hydroxychloroquine. while i can’t speak for every single physician, the answer is no. facebook is once again wrong.
Do you know if doctors are prescribing and taking it on their own?

IIRC @mrhickory had some thoughts on this approach that have evolved. Not sure if the prophylactic approach has been scrutinized as much as its use as a treatment.
Several studies have been conducted which have showed HCQ was not effective at preventing COVID infections.

“The use of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the prophylaxis and treatment of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has received significant attention by politicians and media figures,” Maximilian F. Konig, MD, of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and colleagues wrote in a letter published in Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. “This has occurred despite limited data supporting its efficacy in COVID-19 as well as considerable concern about its safety when used at high doses (>400mg daily) and in combination with other QT interval prolonging drugs.”

“An inaccurate narrative has emerged in recent weeks that patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) who are taking HCQ as a baseline therapy are less affected by or do not develop COVID-19,” they added. “This assumption has been challenged by Monti and Montecucco, referencing data from the COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance registry on patients with rheumatic disease that previously identified 19/110 (17%) patients with SLE.”

“In patients with lupus, escalation to maximum level of care (non-invasive ventilation, invasive ventilation or extracorporeal membrane oxygenation [ECMO]) was required regardless of HCQ use,” Konig and colleagues wrote. “Thus, patients with lupus — even if they are using an antimalarial such as HCQ as baseline therapy — can develop SARS-CoV-2 infection and severe COVID-19 at similar frequency as lupus patients not on antimalarials.”

https://www.healio.com/news/rheumatology/20200612/hydroxychloroquine-fails-to-prevent-covid19-in-patients-with-lupus

After high-risk or moderate-risk exposure to Covid-19, hydroxychloroquine did not prevent illness compatible with Covid-19 or confirmed infection when used as postexposure prophylaxis within 4 days after exposure. (Funded by David Baszucki and Jan Ellison Baszucki and others; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04308668. opens in new tab.)

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

“Many HCWs were taking HCQ/chloroquine/azithromycin prophylaxis on an individual basis. In our study, HCQ prophylaxis played no role in prevention of this infection. Multiple systematic reviews also concluded that there is no pertinent data to support use of HCQ outside that of research, and there is lack of clinical data to actually support its efficacy, adverse effects like prolongation of QTc and tends to instill a false sense of protection,” the researchers wrote.

https://theprint.in/health/hcq-show...for-health-workers-finds-indian-study/452348/

Several studies have been conducted which have showed HCQ was not effective at preventing COVID infections.

“The use of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) in the prophylaxis and treatment of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has received significant attention by politicians and media figures,” Maximilian F. Konig, MD, of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, and colleagues wrote in a letter published in Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases. “This has occurred despite limited data supporting its efficacy in COVID-19 as well as considerable concern about its safety when used at high doses (>400mg daily) and in combination with other QT interval prolonging drugs.”

“An inaccurate narrative has emerged in recent weeks that patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) who are taking HCQ as a baseline therapy are less affected by or do not develop COVID-19,” they added. “This assumption has been challenged by Monti and Montecucco, referencing data from the COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance registry on patients with rheumatic disease that previously identified 19/110 (17%) patients with SLE.”

“In patients with lupus, escalation to maximum level of care (non-invasive ventilation, invasive ventilation or extracorporeal membrane oxygenation [ECMO]) was required regardless of HCQ use,” Konig and colleagues wrote. “Thus, patients with lupus — even if they are using an antimalarial such as HCQ as baseline therapy — can develop SARS-CoV-2 infection and severe COVID-19 at similar frequency as lupus patients not on antimalarials.”

https://www.healio.com/news/rheumatology/20200612/hydroxychloroquine-fails-to-prevent-covid19-in-patients-with-lupus

After high-risk or moderate-risk exposure to Covid-19, hydroxychloroquine did not prevent illness compatible with Covid-19 or confirmed infection when used as postexposure prophylaxis within 4 days after exposure. (Funded by David Baszucki and Jan Ellison Baszucki and others; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04308668. opens in new tab.)

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

“Many HCWs were taking HCQ/chloroquine/azithromycin prophylaxis on an individual basis. In our study, HCQ prophylaxis played no role in prevention of this infection. Multiple systematic reviews also concluded that there is no pertinent data to support use of HCQ outside that of research, and there is lack of clinical data to actually support its efficacy, adverse effects like prolongation of QTc and tends to instill a false sense of protection,” the researchers wrote.

https://theprint.in/health/hcq-show...for-health-workers-finds-indian-study/452348/
I know several doctors that are taking it as preventative.

i’m also DTF.

Thanks. I figured that was likely the case.

Reactions: jrodb24

i’m also DTF.

Sounds like you may be on Bill Gates' payroll. Next thing we know, you're going to tell us facebook was also wrong about Jasper being burned down by ANTIFA last month.

Reactions: AUBK and jrodb24
I can't speak for the demon sperm, but it's starting to look like she may not be wrong on the alien DNA...
She's definitely one of the most interesting characters to emerge during all of this. Her humanoid reptile theory is certainly ground breaking stuff.

Reactions: AU925
Who doesn’t believe in alien DNA.I am using it combined with dragon blood.I find the naysayers suspect.Ya suspect.Retainer.
Years from now when demon sperm is proven to be the cause of most diseases, she will be regarded alongside the likes of Jonas Salk as one of the most significant minds in the history of medicine.

Reactions: Thrill
That tweet has a lot of irony based on the person who tweeted it
I don't know anything about him other than I thought that was a humorous and accurate observation. Do you disagree with his comment about Dr. Immanuel?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT