ADVERTISEMENT

Any property insurance experts/property attorneys around? Need some advice...

jcmvet

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 11, 2001
So long story short (More about that in another thread), our building (church) got hit by a vehicle on early Sunday morning. Two guys got high and tried to Dukes of Hazard the whole deal - pretty extensive damage to the building.

We've got property insurance, so no big deal, but one of our leaders is insistent that if we file a claim, it somehow alleviates the drivers' liability insurance (assuming they have it) and we will just have to pay our deductible and take the hit on raised rates. This sounds crazy to me - why would their liability be undermined just by us letting our insurance company know? But, she worked in property claims for several years, so she's fairly sure of what she's saying. Because of the bureaucratic process of our church, we're having to wait until she/they figure it out first.

The two attorneys I've consulted about this matter with say that nothing should be affected so long as we notify our insurer. I don't really want to wait to have her ask questions of someone else. Any help here?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News