ADVERTISEMENT

Another self-defense shooting caught on video

Solo Tigre

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2021
My only request is for this to be as apolitical as possible. I don't care what they're arguing about, neither should you. Imagine they're arguing about who's a worse qb - peyton thorne or jeremy johnson. Or mute the video if it helps you refrain from politics. That means no gun control debate, too.

This thread is about whether or not this is a valid self-defense case and what you would do if faced with a similar situation. I'd like to think I would respond similarly to the shooter.

Guy A is arguing across a street from a small group. He charges across the street and tackles Guy B to the pavement with what looks like an attempt at a flying elbow, then tries to get him in a headlock.

Guy B quickly fires a single shot into Guy A's stomach. Guy B's next move is requesting someone secure his gun after placing it behind himself, immediately followed by pleading with others in his group to stop assaulting Guy A.

There is what seems to be a short lapse between videos, but it looks like as soon as Guy A was deemed non-threatening, Guy B begins rendering aid.

I know a lot of us have grandiose delusions about how we'd execute certain criminals given the chance, myself included, but I think Guy B handled it well. He neutralized the threat without blowing someone's head off. He showed mercy and kindness once he and those around him were safe. Guy A is said to have life-threatening injuries, but it's possible that Guy B's first aid will ultimately save his life. Guy B happens to be an Iraq war veteran.

What say ye, bunk, valid self-defense or no? Guy B has full legal possession of the gun according to the DA, but is being charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and violation of a constitutional right causing injury.

Again, for the love of man, no politics. I tried to find a tweet for the second video not from a grift-mill, but they're the original source. It's immaterial to the discussion. Maybe it won't be on the poure bourde in 4.5 hours.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.