ADVERTISEMENT

An opinion I don’t understand in all this.

copper4X

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2018
Why are people saying Auburn needs to cut losses and go ahead and fire Harsin even if all the allegations are bullshit. Which frankly, I think it’s quite clear they’re bullshit at this point.

How does that fix anything? How does letting these garbage toxic boosters actually win this pathetic coup attempt help anything? Same morons who probably thought they could convince Gus to take a smaller buyout.

This is jetgate 2.0

Many players on the team are rallying behind Harsin. They are calling out the transfers who are crying about Harsin being a meanie for what they are. He clearly has the support of many players on the team. And many players surprised people by returning instead of declaring.

I’m personally looking forward to this football season. I’m personally excited that QB depth has been tremendously improved. Probably the deepest the QB room has been since before Gus was hired. Harsin for sure failed in some regards on recruiting this off season. But he didn’t fail everywhere.

The biggest cause for most of the losses last season were having to start Finley at QB. And ****ing Bobo. Who I now have no doubt was forced on Harsin. Before I didn’t think he was forced, probably just suggested. But it’s clear these boosters forced him. It’s far from the least damaging thing they’ve done.

Both those things are gone. We also shouldn’t see growing pains in the schemes. It’s not Harsin’s fault the previous staff didn’t teach the OL how to run outside zone. Which is the most popular run play in the NFL btw. Or teach the defense how to run zone coverage. They brought in new schemes on both sides of the ball. And that’s caused problems.

I don’t know if Harsin will succeed btw. But if he’s fired in a week we’ll never know. I just know these boosters will hire a yes man. LOL at anyone who thinks they’ll go for Freeze. Or someone credible. They’ll hire a total yes man. They’ll hire Steele.

Harsin deserves this season. He has managed to improve depth where the roster was weakest. And he deserves a 2nd season in a team that was running a high school level offense before. And a defense that never ran zone, like ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News