ADVERTISEMENT

Allahu Akbar

That's quite possible. It's possible Aisha was actually younger but the point was, Muhammad does not equal Allah to Muslims.
Oh....That's def what my "wrong" post above yours was responding to......Just clarifying (and chose to respond to you bc you strike me as knowledgeable re similar subject to matter) that it's a highly debated topic among Muslim historians and scholars.

The vast majority of Islamic countries have similar minimum age requirements for marriage to our country and child marriage is something frowned heavily upon across Islam. You do the same nitpicking attacking on a plethora of old testament stuff imo and miss the true teachings of both religions.............Steps off soapbox.

Reactions: BAW02
Oh....That's def what my "wrong" post above yours was responding to......Just clarifying (and chose to respond to you bc you strike me as knowledgeable re similar subject to matter) that it's a highly debated topic among Muslim historians and scholars.

The vast majority of Islamic countries have similar minimum age requirements for marriage to our country and child marriage is something frowned heavily upon across Islam. You do the same nitpicking attacking on a plethora of old testament stuff imo and miss the true teachings of both religions.............Steps off soapbox.
So you believe that I miss the true teachings of the Old Testament?
I quite honestly couldn't care less to whom Muhammad was married and at what age that happened. I'm simply repeating traditional Hadith information.
I'm much more interested in this "not picking / attacking" that you reference of the Old Testiment and the lack of understanding that you say is true of me.

So you believe that I miss the true teachings of the Old Testament?
I quite honestly couldn't care less to whom Muhammad was married and at what age that happened. I'm simply repeating traditional Hadith information.
I'm much more interested in this "not picking / attacking" that you reference of the Old Testiment and the lack of understanding that you say is true of me.
Wow, you totally misread that. Tried to give a compliment in that I judged you to be knowledgeable on the subject matter and still do, hence my choice to engage you. Meant to type nit-picking or knit picking and maybe that's where the communication. Train derailed. I figure you to get most, if not all the teachings as you seem studious and dedicated. Also was using universal "you" and should have clarified. Copacetic?

Last edited:
Reactions: rthomas14
Wow, you totally misread that. Tried to give a compliment in that I judged you to be knowledgeable on the subject matter and still do, hence my choice to engage you. Meant to type nit-picking or knit picking and maybe that's where the communication. Train derailed. I figure you to. Arch most if not all the teachings as you seem studious and dedicated. Copacetic?
My bad. Reading is hard sometimes...

It's not so much the words that worry most of us rational thinking people... it's the actions that sometimes follow. You know, when things blow up...
That's BS and you know it. If I went anywhere in this county saying that I would be shot by the end of the day.

That's BS and you know it. If I went anywhere in this county saying that I would be shot by the end of the day.
Possibly but that confirms what @JWalker72 said. You would be shot because of the actions that have followed those words in our recent past. The way you say it would have an impact on your fate as well but in a vacuum, the words aren't scary to people at all. It's only because of how they have been used that strikes fear in people.

Possibly but that confirms what @JWalker72 said. You would be shot because of the actions that have followed those words in our recent past. The way you say it would have an impact on your fate as well but in a vacuum, the words aren't scary to people at all. It's only because of how they have been used that strikes fear in people.
Doesn't make a shit what makes them strike fear in people. The only thing that matters is that they do strike fear in people. And in our little backwoods hick town I would say that they don't strike fear and much as they do anger and rage. Mix that with the inherent racism in the area and the fact that everybody has a gun in their pickup and it would become very violent very quickly.

Doesn't make a shit what makes them strike fear in people. The only thing that matters is that they do strike fear in people. And in our little backwoods hick town I would say that they don't strike fear and much as they do anger and rage. Mix that with the inherent racism in the area and the fact that everybody has a gun in their pickup and it would become very violent very quickly.
Ha! That's compleatly contrary to what you just said to @JWalker72. He explained why people have issues and you told him hat was BS. Now you say, it doesn't matter why.
You mention racism, which is a very real issue not only in your little backwoods hick town. It's an issue all over the country. Yet you say if "you" were to go around saying he phrase then "you" would be shot. As far as I know, you're a big ole white guy. How would racism play a part in your death?
As I mentioned earlier, your delivery of the phrase would also impact the reaction of most Americans. Calmly say the phrase and you more than likely get little or no reaction. Run into a crowded room and shout it with a crazed look on your face, and the reaction would surely be different. As I said earlier though, you could generate a strong reaction by doing the same thing using the English translation. Lots of crazys out there willing to use God as a platform to do bad things.

Ha! That's compleatly contrary to what you just said to @JWalker72. He explained why people have issues and you told him hat was BS. Now you say, it doesn't matter why.
You mention racism, which is a very real issue not only in your little backwoods hick town. It's an issue all over the country. Yet you say if "you" were to go around saying he phrase then "you" would be shot. As far as I know, you're a big ole white guy. How would racism play a part in your death?
As I mentioned earlier, your delivery of the phrase would also impact the reaction of most Americans. Calmly say the phrase and you more than likely get little or no reaction. Run into a crowded room and shout it with a crazed look on your face, and the reaction would surely be different. As I said earlier though, you could generate a strong reaction by doing the same thing using the English translation. Lots of crazys out there willing to use God as a platform to do bad things.
I am a big ole white dude. Doesn't matter. It isn't racism toward me per se. It's racism toward any and all things Muslim that has been engrained in folks around here. Most of them probably don't know what Allahu Akbar even means. I could be walking calmly down the aisle at the Winn Dixie and say it loud enough for a few folks to hear and there's absolutely no doubt I would be confronted.

It's not so much the words that worry most of us rational thinking people... it's the actions that sometimes follow. You know, when things blow up...
It's NOT bs and YOU know it! Wow, exaggerate much to try and make a ridiculous point? Look, I like you man and you're welcome at my church and home anytime. But sometimes your e-schtick is just dumb.

I am a big ole white dude. Doesn't matter. It isn't racism toward me per se. It's racism toward any and all things Muslim that has been engrained in folks around here. Most of them probably don't know what Allahu Akbar even means. I could be walking calmly down the aisle at the Winn Dixie and say it loud enough for a few folks to hear and there's absolutely no doubt I would be confronted.
And that is a conditioned response donto what has ocompanied that phrase time and time again in recent years, just like @JWalker72 said.
Racism is a real thing that we have to deal with everyday. No need for you to create straw men just to try and be argumentative.

It's NOT bs and YOU know it! Wow, exaggerate much to try and make a ridiculous point? Look, I like you man and you're welcome at my church and home anytime. But sometimes your e-schtick is just dumb.
And that is a conditioned response donto what has ocompanied that phrase time and time again in recent years, just like @JWalker72 said.
Racism is a real thing that we have to deal with everyday. No need for you to create straw men just to try and be argumentative.
@JWalker72 spends all his time in a radio station and a church. He isn't around the general public down here like I am. He lives in his own sheltered little world like all of your type of folks. Y'all just ride around on your high horse and have no idea what it's really like outside of your little circles...

@JWalker72 spends all his time in a radio station and a church. He isn't around the general public down here like I am. He lives in his own sheltered little world like all of your type of folks. Y'all just ride around on your high horse and have no idea what it's really like outside of your little circles...
And there it is...
I'm always amazed at the lengths to which you will gonto try and appear so very enlightened and then when you have absolutely no point whatsoever, you resort to your same ole crap.
Shouldn't you get backntonyour attention whore "I'm changing my handle" thread. That seem more your speed.

Oh, bTW, I assure you that my "little circle" allows me to interact with an emensily wider range of cultures and people groups than you have ever encountered. Your arguments and accusations get lamer and lamer all the time. Maybe it is time for you to reboot.

And there it is...
I'm always amazed at the lengths to which you will gonto try and appear so very enlightened and then when you have absolutely no point whatsoever, you resort to your same ole crap.
Shouldn't you get backntonyour attention whore "I'm changing my handle" thread. That seem more your speed.

Oh, bTW, I assure you that my "little circle" allows me to interact with an emensily wider range of cultures and people groups than you have ever encountered. Your arguments and accusations get lamer and lamer all the time. Maybe it is time for you to reboot.
Calling me an attention whore isn't very Christian of you. I guess you can come down off your high horse long enough to call me names for disagreeing with you....

You think you know me well enough to make asinine assumptions like that? Jesus said His followers are to be " in the world and not of it." So here I am in the world of the Bunker trying to show everyone kindness and compassion only to get derision and smarmy retorts from someone who obviously isn't interested in anything but cool points on a message board. Congratulations pqm, you've officially become an internet goob.

Calling me an attention whore isn't very Christian of you. I guess you can come down off your high horse long enough to call me names for disagreeing with you....
I disagree. Telling the truth is a very Christian thing to do.
BTW, what names did I call you?

You think you know me well enough to make asinine assumptions like that? Jesus said His followers are to be " in the world and not of it." So here I am in the world of the Bunker trying to show everyone kindness and compassion only to get derision and smarmy retorts from someone who obviously isn't interested in anything but cool points on a message board. Congratulations pqm, you've officially become an internet goob.
I disagree. Telling the truth is a very Christian thing to do.
BTW, what names did I call you?
So @JWalker72 called me a goob and @rthomas14 called me an attention whore. Very Christian of you guys.

I see you can twist biblical teachings around to jive with whatever you need them to. I'm shocked.
I'm sure that's possible but I would never intentionally misrepresent scripture.
To what twisting do you refer?

So you think it's okay to call people derogatory names under the guise of honesty?
I have no question in my mind that I said nothingbthat compromised my proclamation of Christ in my life.
Jesus himself called Scribes and Pharisees fools, hypocrites, blind guides, serpents, a generation of vipers.
The truth is not always pleasant and sometimes it's hurtful but truth none the less and truth can always be useful.
Now the truth is, I didn't call you any name. I said you posted an attention whore thread. The words attention whore described your thread. The description couldn't be more true.

So yeah, I'm completely comfortable with it.

I have no question in my mind that I said nothingbthat compromised my proclamation of Christ in my life.
Jesus himself called Scribes and Pharisees fools, hypocrites, blind guides, serpents, a generation of vipers.
The truth is not always pleasant and sometimes it's hurtful but truth none the less and truth can always be useful.
Now the truth is, I didn't call you any name. I said you posted an attention whore thread. The words attention whore described your thread. The description couldn't be more true.

So yeah, I'm completely comfortable with it.
So rather than turn the other cheek you decide to go on the offensive? Is that what Jesus would do?

So rather than turn the other cheek you decide to go on the offensive? Is that what Jesus would do?
Ha! Brother how many cheeks do you think I have? You bring the same crap on a regular basis. You thiniknits cool to belittle and mock as part of your constant trolling. You love the attention and at times you become completely insufferable. Sorry if you think Christian equals whipping boy, but that's not me and I'm completely comfortable becoming combative if that's what you are looking for and I work hard to try and make sure that combativeness doesn't compromise who I am.
I'll never be that wimpy little Christian that you appear to want to beat up on. I will always be a man who tries to live his faith in ever phase of my life but I will always be willing to defend myself if needed.

Ha! Brother how many cheeks do you think I have? You bring the same crap on a regular basis. You thiniknits cool to belittle and mock as part of your constant trolling. You love the attention and at times you become completely insufferable. Sorry if you think Christian equals whipping boy, but that's not me and I'm completely comfortable becoming combative if that's what you are looking for and I work hard to try and make sure that combativeness doesn't compromise who I am.
I'll never be that wimpy little Christian that you appear to want to beat up on. I will always be a man who tries to live his faith in ever phase of my life but I will always be willing to defend myself if needed.
Whatever it takes for you to justify your actions....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT