ADVERTISEMENT

A gift for the team and Hugh

BTA

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2001
Dye used to say that his early teams did not “learn how to win“, per se, they learned the joy in the other team, seeing AU on the calendar and dreading the physical “ass whooping” that was coming, win, or lose. The joy in knowing, talent aside, I’m a better, tougher man than you. Along those lines, a singular gift for the team and Hugh:

The Team - to quit caring about winning, and to start caring about whipping the man standing across from them (or that they are responsible for).

Hugh - I thought this was going to be Derek Nix‘s job, and it should be Matt Luke’s right now, but he just needs a friend on the sidelines. That friend can be a big-tittied brunette for all I care ($1 to @Double Dees) and they would not be seen or heard from on a day like today until midway through the fourth quarter. However, at that point they would walk up to Hugh and whisper in his ear “don’t forget to tell PT no matter what play is called there is no P in RPO. Only R.”

That same friend would have met Hugh for a beer last December and said “now about this not finding a portal QB…yeah, we’re not doing that. You don’t want to cave to Riley’s retrade, ok, but Will’s out in car with 5-6 guys for you to pick from, go do it.”

These two gifts have us 4-1/5-0.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.