ADVERTISEMENT

A family doctors SCIENCE on the vaccine

Here's an article that lists 49 studies that say masks work. So my next question would be how can anyone be so confident in the science of something when there is science saying the opposite? It seems like a claim from either side is at least questionable, so there's no need to be confrontational about something you can't say for certain. And in this case I don't see the harm in someone attempting to slow down the spread of the virus by wearing a mask.

as I’ve demonstrated in previous threads most of these studies claiming that mask work don’t. They’re either talking about N 95 mask or mask with respirators or mask and something else like distancing handwashing whatever they don’t focus solely on cloth and surgical masks. The devils always in the details.

The studies are consistent.

As far as harm, there’s abundant evidence of that for kids as well as for adults. Both social, educationally, and medically.

this from a guy that never brings anything positive to any discussion he enters in. Can never discuss the issues. Just constant ad hominem. And then he tells everybody how much smarter he is than them. Again got a love sweet irony.

so is the CDC right or wrong? Lol.
Your comments and posts don't warrant discussion. You miss on the simplest of ****ing concepts.

Yikes

as I’ve demonstrated in previous threads most of these studies claiming that mask work don’t. They’re either talking about N 95 mask or mask with respirators or mask and something else like distancing handwashing whatever they don’t focus solely on cloth and surgical masks. The devils always in the details.

The studies are consistent.

As far as harm, there’s abundant evidence of that for kids as well as for adults. Both social, educationally, and medically.

But you agree that there are scientific studies saying that masks do work

But you agree that there are scientific studies saying that masks do work

N 95 mask may offer modest benefit to the where if it has vent not to others. Mask with respirators/oxygen supply are obvious that’s normally what people wear in bio labs when working with dangerous viruses

N 95 mask may offer modest benefit to the where if it has vent not to others. Mask with respirators/oxygen supply are obvious that’s normally what people wear in bio labs when working with dangerous viruses

Do you believe there are any studies that say surgical or cloth masks are more than 0% effective

with a virus, I have not seen them.

If you haven't seen any study that says a mask provides 1% effectiveness then you are either blind or you prefer not to read news which doesn't suit your already held beliefs

If you haven't seen any study that says a mask provides 1% effectiveness then you are either blind or you prefer not to read news which doesn't suit your already held beliefs

Dude is a nut.

lol. 1%? Seriously? I’ve seen 40 studies say they don’t do any good. Nobody has contradicted those studies. Not one. There’s a reason why in biohazard facilities you don’t see the staff wearing cloth or surgical mask.

lol. 1%? Seriously? I’ve seen 40 studies say they don’t do any good. Nobody has contradicted those studies. Not one. There’s a reason why in biohazard facilities you don’t see the staff wearing cloth or surgical mask.

I already posted a link with 49 different studies that say masks work

I already posted a link with 49 different studies that say masks work

and I explained to you in some detail why they actually don’t, why those studies are the best misleading or the wrong type of masks such as respirators – a closed air system. Most people can’t walk around with an air tank on their back with a full face mask providing oxygen. Or N95 masks.

The rest are mask and distance, one of yours was respirators and gowns with gloves. You really think that’s addressing cloth masks and surgical mask? Honestly?

and then there’s the studies showing harm with masks. What’s the trade-off between that and your theoretical 1% of wearing cloth mask helps?

and I explained to you in some detail why they actually don’t, why those studies are the best misleading or the wrong type of masks such as respirators – a closed air system. Most people can’t walk around with an air tank on their back with a full face mask providing oxygen. Or N95 masks.

The rest are mask and distance, one of yours was respirators and gowns with gloves. You really think that’s addressing cloth masks and surgical mask? Honestly?

and then there’s the studies showing harm with masks. What’s the trade-off between that and your theoretical 1% of wearing cloth mask helps?

You said that there are no studies showing that masks work. You were wrong. Now you're just being stubborn. You say you only want to follow the science then ignore science that you disagree with

You said that there are no studies showing that masks work. You were wrong. Now you're just being stubborn. You say you only want to follow the science then ignore science that you disagree with

there are no studies showing that cloth/surgical masks and those masks alone make any difference in retiring the spread of virus. You’re welcome to find me one.

I have pointed you to dozens that show that they do not.

there are no studies showing that cloth/surgical masks and those masks alone make any difference in retiring the spread of virus. You’re welcome to find me one.

I have pointed you to dozens that show that they do not.

I have pointed you to dozens that say they do, you're just choosing not to believe them. I don't know how else to tell you You're wrong. I can't believe you actually think there are 0 studies on the effectiveness of surgical masks that say they are more than 1% effective

I have pointed you to dozens that say they do, you're just choosing not to believe them. I don't know how else to tell you You're wrong. I can't believe you actually think there are 0 studies on the effectiveness of surgical masks that say they are more than 1% effective

Seriously... just give me one that shows I"m wrong. Let's look at it in detail......

Seriously... just give me one that shows I"m wrong. Let's look at it in detail......

I sent you a link with 49 different studies saying that masks work. Are you claiming that every single one of those studies concluded that surgical masks are 0% effective?

A
I sent you a link with 49 different studies saying that masks work. Are you claiming that every single one of those studies concluded that surgical masks are 0% effective?
i posted details on them. You ignored them.

again, pick one. Your best one. You choose. Find one. Just one. Lets focus on it.

A

again, pick one. Your best one. You choose. Find one. Just one. Lets focus on it.

You did not post details on them. You said "most" of them are probably talking about N95 ones. You really don't think there's a single study that says surgical masks offer even marginal protection?

A

You said there are no studies that say surgical masks work. Here's one that says surgical masks work. That means you are wrong.

You said there are no studies that say surgical masks work. Here's one that says surgical masks work. That means you are wrong.

Actually, it doesn't. Did you even read it?

First of all, it's a metadata study, it takes other studies, tries to fit their results into various categories and then sum them up. Specifically concerning masks, many of the studies they include are consdiering N95 and respirators. They repeatedly refer to 16-layer masks - none of which are in common use by the public. Also, notice the comment after reporting the face mask (16 layer cloth) - "low certainty." They state this means "we have very little confidence in the effect estimate; the true effect is likely to be substantially different from the estimate of effect." In other words, they don't the results are accurtate. There are also some methodological issues with their paper, but those are technical, so I won't cover.

Again, I ask for one paper that studies the effect of masks on viral spreading, not masks and distance, not a theoretical paper, but an actual result. The 'science' I describe is widely accepted - even Biden's own Covid appointee, Dr. Osterholm states that cloth/surgical masks are ineffective, he states everyone should wear N95's or better.

Horowtiz wrote of a study (non-published) that showed:

“They studied the number of cases over a 229-day period from May 1 through Dec. 15 and divided the results of the two study groups by days with mask mandates and days without mask mandates. The non-mandate data group includes both states that never had a mandate and those that did at some point, but data set included only the days they did not have a mask mandate.

The results: When comparing states with mandates vs. those without, or periods of times within a state with a mandate vs. without, there is absolutely no evidence the mask mandate worked to slow the spread one iota. In total, in the states that had a mandate in effect, there were 9,605,256 confirmed COVID cases over 5,907 total days, an average of 27 cases per 100,000 per day. When states did not have a statewide order (which includes the states that never had them and the period of time masking states did not have the mandate in place) there were 5,781,716 cases over 5,772 total days, averaging 17 cases per 100,000 people per day.”

Again, what I say is not an extremist position in America or Europe. Some of Europe's top medical officials have stated cloth/surgical masks aren't helpful: “Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,” said Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. “There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.”

It should be easy to come up with one clear unambiguious study showing the efficacy of single layer gaiters, cloth masks and surgical masks in limiting the spread of virus'. Should be dozens of them. But there are zero.

Actually, it doesn't. Did you even read it?

First of all, it's a metadata study, it takes other studies, tries to fit their results into various categories and then sum them up. Specifically concerning masks, many of the studies they include are consdiering N95 and respirators. They repeatedly refer to 16-layer masks - none of which are in common use by the public. Also, notice the comment after reporting the face mask (16 layer cloth) - "low certainty." They state this means "we have very little confidence in the effect estimate; the true effect is likely to be substantially different from the estimate of effect." In other words, they don't the results are accurtate. There are also some methodological issues with their paper, but those are technical, so I won't cover.

Again, I ask for one paper that studies the effect of masks on viral spreading, not masks and distance, not a theoretical paper, but an actual result. The 'science' I describe is widely accepted - even Biden's own Covid appointee, Dr. Osterholm states that cloth/surgical masks are ineffective, he states everyone should wear N95's or better.

Horowtiz wrote of a study (non-published) that showed:

“They studied the number of cases over a 229-day period from May 1 through Dec. 15 and divided the results of the two study groups by days with mask mandates and days without mask mandates. The non-mandate data group includes both states that never had a mandate and those that did at some point, but data set included only the days they did not have a mask mandate.

The results: When comparing states with mandates vs. those without, or periods of times within a state with a mandate vs. without, there is absolutely no evidence the mask mandate worked to slow the spread one iota. In total, in the states that had a mandate in effect, there were 9,605,256 confirmed COVID cases over 5,907 total days, an average of 27 cases per 100,000 per day. When states did not have a statewide order (which includes the states that never had them and the period of time masking states did not have the mandate in place) there were 5,781,716 cases over 5,772 total days, averaging 17 cases per 100,000 people per day.”

Again, what I say is not an extremist position in America or Europe. Some of Europe's top medical officials have stated cloth/surgical masks aren't helpful: “Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,” said Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. “There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.”

It should be easy to come up with one clear unambiguious study showing the efficacy of single layer gaiters, cloth masks and surgical masks in limiting the spread of virus'. Should be dozens of them. But there are zero.

It was a study that clearly said that surgical masks offer more than 0% protection. The fact you refuse to read basic English lends credence to the idea that you have no clue what the hell you're talking about. I've said I'll listen to an argument that masks don't work well. But an argument that states there are NO studies on the ENTIRE internet that say surgical masks offer even 1% protection is so patently absurd it puts you in rice territory

It was a study that clearly said that surgical masks offer more than 0% protection. The fact you refuse to read basic English lends credence to the idea that you have no clue what the hell you're talking about. I've said I'll listen to an argument that masks don't work well. But an argument that states there are NO studies on the ENTIRE internet that say surgical masks offer even 1% protection is so patently absurd it puts you in rice territory

No it didn’t say that. It said the results showed some improvement, I forget the number, with 16 layer cloth mask but they had very low confidence in the result. They stated that meant that they expected the actual results would be different.

and you keep using the hypothetical 1% but haven’t cited me a study that you draw that from. That’s a nonsensical number that has no relationship or basis in hell virus or respiratory infections are transmitted Seriously you can continue to deny the science and the studies that are out there but I won’t.

No it didn’t say that. It said the results showed some improvement, I forget the number, with 16 layer cloth mask but they had very low confidence in the result. They stated that meant that they expected the actual results would be different.

and you keep using the hypothetical 1% but haven’t cited me a study that you draw that from. That’s a nonsensical number that has no relationship or basis in hell virus or respiratory infections are transmitted Seriously you can continue to deny the science and the studies that are out there but I won’t.

You stated there are 0 studies in the history of the world that say surgical masks provide more than 0% effectiveness. I proved you're wrong. Keep arguing if you want but you're wrong

You stated there are 0 studies in the history of the world that say surgical masks provide more than 0% effectiveness. I proved you're wrong. Keep arguing if you want but you're wrong

I have repeatedly stated N95 mask may offer some modest advantage. Obviously self-contained respirator units do. My point is always been that surgical masks and cloth mask do not. You have produced nothing that shows anything contrary to that. Nothing.

I have repeatedly stated N95 mask may offer some modest advantage. Obviously self-contained respirator units do. My point is always been that surgical masks and cloth mask do not. You have produced nothing that shows anything contrary to that. Nothing.

And I have repeatedly told you that there are studies that say surgical masks are more than 0% effective. If you refuse to read them I can't help you. You're wrong and I've proved it but you're too stubborn and dumb to recognize it

And I have repeatedly told you that there are studies that say surgical masks are more than 0% effective. If you refuse to read them I can't help you. You're wrong and I've proved it but you're too stubborn and dumb to recognize it

i’ve not refused to read one. In fact I asked you repeatedly to post one and I dissected it literally sentence by sentence in a few posts above. I still ask for one that supports your argument. Why get bitter and lie?

i’ve not refused to read one. In fact I asked you repeatedly to post one and I dissected it literally sentence by sentence in a few posts above. I still ask for one that supports your argument. Why get bitter and lie?

I posted a link to 49 different studies that say masks work. You don't even have to believe them, but you can't tell me they don't exist. You're wrong. It's that simple

I posted a link to 49 different studies that say masks work. You don't even have to believe them, but you can't tell me they don't exist. You're wrong. It's that simple

you can’t find one ghat contradicts my statement.

“The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out the virus, which is small enough to pass through material.”

-Anthony Fauci, February 2020

you can’t find one ghat contradicts my statement.

“The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out the virus, which is small enough to pass through material.”

-Anthony Fauci, February 2020

Ah so now you're going to quote fauci as proof of a fact that he's not even saying. Nowhere in his quote does he say masks are 0% effective. I am truly baffled how you can be so ignorant to believe that there's not a single study on the entire internet that says surgical masks are even 1% effective

Ah so now you're going to quote fauci as proof of a fact that he's not even saying. Nowhere in his quote does he say masks are 0% effective. I am truly baffled how you can be so ignorant to believe that there's not a single study on the entire internet that says surgical masks are even 1% effective

lol. You argue a point you cannot document.

here’s and example for you.

E8sW11SWYAIDAtS

lol. You argue a point you cannot document.

here’s and example for you.

E8sW11SWYAIDAtS

I don't care what you think or agree with. You can tell me the study is wrong if you want. But you can't tell me that there has never been a study that concludes surgical masks offer at least 1% effectiveness. That's so asinine, I don't even know how to deal with your childish argument at this point. I posted a link with 49 different studies saying masks work. You're telling me you read through every single one of them and the conclusion in every single study that says masks work was that surgical masks offer absolutely no protection of any kind

I don't care what you think or agree with. You can tell me the study is wrong if you want. But you can't tell me that there has never been a study that concludes surgical masks offer at least 1% effectiveness. That's so asinine, I don't even know how to deal with your childish argument at this point. I posted a link with 49 different studies saying masks work. You're telling me you read through every single one of them and the conclusion in every single study that says masks work was that surgical masks offer absolutely no protection of any kind

I didn’t tell you the study was wrong. I just pointed out how the study doesn’t document what you claim.

again, i’ve asked for a single one. You’ve only been able to come up with one yielding a result (with 16-layer masks and N95’s) that the authors admit they have no confidence in. Go and read it for yourself. Smdh.

I didn’t tell you the study was wrong. I just pointed out how the study doesn’t document what you claim.

again, i’ve asked for a single one. You’ve only been able to come up with one yielding a result (with 16-layer masks and N95’s) that the authors admit they have no confidence in. Go and read it for yourself. Smdh.

I posted a link with 49 different studies! You keep asking for 1 and I sent you 49! What more do you want? At this point you're like the person that says "I don't believe in gay marriage". Well you can disagree with it, but it exists so you saying you don't believe in it doesn't make a lick of sense. You're wrong, just move on and accept it.

I posted a link with 49 different studies! You keep asking for 1 and I sent you 49! What more do you want? At this point you're like the person that says "I don't believe in gay marriage". Well you can disagree with it, but it exists so you saying you don't believe in it doesn't make a lick of sense. You're wrong, just move on and accept it.

You won’t outlast him. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT