ADVERTISEMENT

A-Day predictions ITT

Scuff

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
It’s been a business-like Spring, with the usual overconfidence from some (hand raised) and the doom and gloom from that side of the bored.

What do you predict for A-Day? Here’s 10 things I think will happen. I’m sticking with offense since the defense is so handcuffed these games, you can’t tell much.

• Thorne, Jarquez, Rivaldo, and Cam Coleman are only in for 2ish drives, and have a decent but short outing. Thorne something like 5-8-60 yards, maybe 1 TD. The other 3 should have one “highlight” play and then get them out fairly quickly.
  • Hank Brown out performs Thorne slightly, setting up 4 months of Bunker debate on who should start. PS – it’s going to be PT barring injury or something weird/unexpected.
  • Holden Geriner underperforms and starts making plans to transfer out.
  • Walker White puts up some good numbers with the scrubs and the typical bored crowd anoints him as QB1, even if HB and PT out stat him.
  • Damari Alston has at least one big run, and then also sits fairly quickly.
  • Cobb gets a bunch of snaps and yards, mainly because we don’t want him to consider the portal.
  • Sean Jackson and Justin Jones put a hurting on the scrubs in the 4th. Both of these guys are P5 backs – wonder if we can keep them here.
  • Cam Brown balls out – I mean, it’s Spring, and that’s typically his best game of the season. Still don’t expect him in the top 6 WR (Coleman, Thompson, Lewis, Burton, Fair, Cain) this Fall.
  • Starting OL dominates. The usual suspects will claim that this is because our defense suxes and we’ll be lucky to win 6 games, BHF is the debil, PT is G5, blah blah blah.
  • Robert Lewis is MVP – and for the first time in 5 years, the Spring game MVP is actually going to factor in to the season bigly.
  • (OK, 11, not 10) Offense wins – BHF has a chip on his shoulder about last year, and I think he’ll keep scoring if the opportunity shows itself.
If I get 7 of these right, I’ll probably run my mouth. If I get 5 or less right, I’ll probably delete the poest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News