ADVERTISEMENT

2nd and 3rd biggest concern for AU Football this season

penya87

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I have been listening to some CFB podcasts, and it seems there are question marks on many teams outside of maybe 4-8 teams nationally.

I think its fair to say that QB play is the biggest factor for Auburn if they want to overachieve. Im interested in what you think is concerning after that.

Depth seems to be somewhat answered. And depth is an issue that I think 98% of the CFB deals with. There are probably 1-2 teams that feel decent about depth throughout the roster.

My 2nd biggest concern is playcalling. Hard to imagine it being bad but can it take a big step forward? Can HEW balance his time with recruiting, head coaching, and now running the offense?

Auburn ranked 117th in the NCAA last year in 3rd down conversions. Does a playcaller moves that 32% number to an area closer to 40%.

My 3rd biggest concern is run-stopping. I am probably much higher on the DL than most, but I don't know if we have a truly dominant player in the middle. I like the options. But I dont' know if we have a group that can set the tone for a game.

Interestingly, Auburn had a pretty dominant 3rd down defense in 2023 in spite of ranking near the bottom of the conference in rushing allowed.

So..

1. QB play
2. Playcalling
3. Rush Defense

@Docdumpsta @crococile22 @ricedp105 @grizzlyadams16 @shorts @stutsman23 @jeffreyLee @FIG-JAM @Powerman26 @stultz @BryanMatthews

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News