ADVERTISEMENT

2018 - OL and RB Rundown

penya87

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
Returner at OL
OT: Tega - Should be better next year. Seems like a solid LT for a few more years.
OT: Ashley - Redshirt. Should be much stronger and comfortable heading into 2018.
OT: Troxell - Redshirt. Has the size and skill set to be a Tackle. Will be competing for the RT spot.
OT: Carr - Junior. Former 4-star. Played some this season. Could be a sleeper for the RT spot.
OT: PMS - Former 4-star. Very little experience. Has the size to be a Tackle.

OG: Horton - Likely starter in 2018.
OG: Harrell - Likely starter in 2018.
OG: Sharp - I honestly don't know much about his ability to contribute.
OG: Hamm - Former 3-star. Seems to have some buzz heading into the spring.

C: Kim - Played some this season. Still a lot of uncertainty about his ability to start in 2018.
C: Brahms - Former 4-star. Seems like he could be a next man up candidate.

Returners at RB
RB: Martin. Junior. Served as the #3 back, but was promoted with the injuries of #1 and #2.
RB: Miller. Junior. Needs a lot of improvement to be an option. No burst or acceleration.
RB: Barrett. Sophomore. Didn't see a lot of snaps. Has burst and acceleration, needs weight gain.
RB: Whitlow. Rd Fr. According to football experts, this dude is a freak with the ball in his hands.

Newcomers at RB
RB: Martin. Fr. Seemingly the most talent RB in the entire group. Can he start Day 1?
RB: Shivers. Fr. Not likely a RB contributor in 2018, but special teams could be a landing spot.
RB: Unknown. Fr. All signs point to one more RB joining the 2018 class. Grad transfer would signal some concern as to the current depth.

Quick thoughts:
I like the depth at Tackle and the future at Tackle. The interior of this OL will be interesting. Horton and Harrell have the most experience, but I don't think either of them resemble the dominance of the Kozan and Smith duo. The drop-off at Center is concerning. It's entirely possible that one of the listed guards actually play at Center in 2018.

RB looks like a lot of fun to me. Sure there are unanswered questions, but it should open up the competition to all and hopefully let the best rise to the top. Very interested in Whitlow and Asa Martin this spring. The future at the position looks very promising.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News