ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Chevy Silverado owners...question for you

Grantau

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 8, 2001
Athens, AL...born and raised in Eva, AL
I've had the truck now since March. It's actually a company truck, but we are allowed to basically treat them as our own. I've always taken care of the company vehicles, like they were mine. Very appreciative! Anyway, the truck now has 12,500 miles on it. Since about 3K miles, as I'm driving, I have this "squeak" that occurs literally every time I slightly accelerate. I took it in to the Athens, AL Chevy dealer (truck was actually shipped to Lynn Layton, but I live in Athens). So they tell me it's a "flap towards the back of the exhaust" that helps with idle noise. The "oil" it. I told them that that won't last, and it didn't. Within 100 miles, back to the "squeak". They decided it best to replace the entire exhaust, which they should...warranty and all. So, here we go again...back to the "squeak". It drives me nuts!!! Not to mention, I swear the tires are out of round. It vibrates and shakes from between 65 and 75 mph. I've always been a "Chevy guy"...but this truck is changing my mind. Any of y'all having these issues? Oh, I've had the tired looked at. They say there's nothing wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News