ADVERTISEMENT

Why in the world are we still doing interviews 7 ft away?

75k in attendance. Dude tackling and hugging each other for 3+ hours but we can't even get the interviewer close enough to be in the screenshot, because....

Because with airborne respiratory diseases, the time that you spend around anyone who is exhaling, AND the proximity, both matter, because they impact the chances that you'll pick up the disease from others who are infected.

The time that you spend with a celebratory hug, is very close, but usually of short duration, and usually with others who are being teste to the hilt, so you can have reasonably high confidence that they are clean. However, an interview with a reporter who is outside of your "pod", is a bit riskier, and takes a lot longer than a hug, so it just makes common sense to do it at a distance. Neither the interviewer wants an athlete standing there just fogging them with exhaust, and the athlete doesn't want someone out of their pod all up in their face for a longer period of time.

Those are some of the logical reasons those things are done differently, and IMHO, it makes sense.

Because with airborne respiratory diseases, the time that you spend around anyone who is exhaling, AND the proximity, both matter, because they impact the chances that you'll pick up the disease from others who are infected.

The time that you spend with a celebratory hug, is very close, but usually of short duration, and usually with others who are being teste to the hilt, so you can have reasonably high confidence that they are clean. However, an interview with a reporter who is outside of your "pod", is a bit riskier, and takes a lot longer than a hug, so it just makes common sense to do it at a distance. Neither the interviewer wants an athlete standing there just fogging them with exhaust, and the athlete doesn't want someone out of their pod all up in their face for a longer period of time.

Those are some of the logical reasons those things are done differently, and IMHO, it makes sense.

All these people are double vax'd and boostered. We have fans sitting on top of each other for 4 hours. But keep the interview lady 6 ft away. Goodnight. I seriously can't believe you just wrote that.

Reactions: AuSkip07
..........All these people are double vax'd and boostered. We have fans sitting on top of each other for 4 hours. But keep the interview lady 6 ft away. Goodnight. I seriously can't believe you just wrote that.

Were you aware that double-vaxxed and booster'ed folks can still harbor COVID viral loads high enough and long enough to allow it to mutate? Did you know that they can still contract COVID and spread it to others?

I get the new point you just added, on the hypocrisy of allowing folks to attend the event, yet social-distancing the interview, but we were talking about hugging and interviewing, not the hypocrisy of allowing folks to gather to attend the game. Logically and scientifically, doing one stupid thing that increases chances of exposure, doesn't mean that adding others is okay, as everything that you do like that INCREASE your chances of being infected, right?

I'm not stomping for this policy, but just trying to provide two cents of logic for the question that you initially asked. 😟

Were you aware that double-vaxxed and booster'ed folks can still harbor COVID viral loads high enough and long enough to allow it to mutate? Did you know that they can still contract COVID and spread it to others?

I get the new point you just added, on the hypocrisy of allowing folks to attend the event, yet social-distancing the interview, but we were talking about hugging and interviewing, not the hypocrisy of allowing folks to gather to attend the game. Logically and scientifically, doing one stupid thing that increases chances of exposure, doesn't mean that adding others is okay, as everything that you do like that INCREASE your chances of being infected, right?

I'm not stomping for this policy, but just trying to provide two cents of logic for the question that you initially asked. 😟

Go live in fear of standing next to someone for the rest of your life.

Facepalm

Reactions: AuSkip07
Go live in fear of standing next to someone for the rest of your life.

Facepalm

I'm not living in fear of standing next to anyone, but thanks for putting those words in my mouth.

Look, I get what you're saying, but just thought you wanted an actual logical answer. My bad, and we can definitely agree that there's a WHOLE lot of foolishness, ridiculous, non-scientific and illogical behavior going on, (and lies and propaganda being spewed). It all needs to stop, and people need to use common sense, science, logic and start telling the truth and being forthcoming with information.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT