ADVERTISEMENT

What is your take on the R word? Yea or nay?

alphatiger08

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Jun 17, 2009
Dunwoody, GA
IMG-9063.jpg

I mean the people on this board are pretty retarded and I support them

Thought this was an ‘representationalisms’ thread…OUT!

Well of course it doesn’t affect you, a nuero typical person. I encourage you to ask any Down syndrome person their thoughts on the term.
By your thinking, the N word should still be okay to be used.
I been around Down syndrome persons all my life. My mother dedicated her life teaching and helping people with special needs

Good for your mom. I doubt she condones using “retarded” in this way.
Are you serious right now?

Joking with your fiends is complete different than calling a random person a name.

If my best friend is acting slow/mentally handicapped then you bet your ass I’m going to do my part as his best friend and call him a tard.

Last edited:
as someone that’s very close and works a lot with the special needs community I don’t really give a shit if you say it. but I don’t

If you call an actual special needs person that though I’m gonna give you a very odd look. more out of surprise to begin with though

Reactions: alphatiger08
As a parent of a daughter who is differently abled I hate that word. I would hope that folks here would be better. My daughter makes more of a positive impact in this world than I ever can and she does that every day with a toughness and grit I cant imagine.

in my experience….

… the people who are truly R make the world a much better place than anyone who questions whether the R word is acceptable or not.

and it’s not close.

Good for your mom. I doubt she condones using “retarded” in this way.
My mom worked with special needs kids her entire life. I volunteered with her during the summers at state agencies in central Alabama.

If someone has downs my experience is that they are taught to be offended by the word retarded (typically by parents who are more offended than those with downs). Most people with special needs just want to be treated like the rest of us. Crap talk and all.

The clinical term is not offensive. To call someone retarded that clearly is not retarded is only offensive for people who are virtue signaling. If people cared that much they would volunteer their time. JMO

What a world… can’t even make fun of Caitlyn Jenner’s spelling anymore…
Shit…it wasn’t all that long ago telling him he should hit from the lady’s tees woulda been a funny dig. Now she calls herself a big boy and hits from the men’s as a sign of her dominance.

Reactions: alphatiger08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT