ADVERTISEMENT

Welp, I did it

jtf0023

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2021
I took a job I felt like I could not pass up. Got the job in May and they demanded I report to them on May 15th. Mind you, my first baby girl was born May 11th. We bought a house 6 weeks later. That was an experience. My wife who was still feeling like she got hit by a logging truck was helping me the entire way. Trying her best. Packing all our stuff and moving to So AL, in the middle of the summer with my little family is memory I'll never forget.

It seemed almost instantly when I was hired the switch flipped. Accusations, fake deadlines, Disrespect, and lack of resources.

I am 30 and was teaching 27 kids. 14 classes and 14 labs combined in summer, fall, and spring. Recruiting. Community Outreach. Constantly talking to Private industry and government agencies.

The emails were getting worse and the other weekend my wife pretty much heard the way my boss was talking to me, and she was fed up. She knows how hard I work and how much effort it took to move down to a place with zero friends or family.

The last bad email was how I missed the deadline when I was never given one. I was not allowed to take the kids outside until that was completed. That was the final straw for me. Punishing my kids.

I don't understand how a teacher is responsible for creating policy/liability forms for a state institution. Maybe I am wrong.

I had a meeting yesterday and planned to leave if things did not get better. I spilt my heart out and went to bat for the students. There is no way I can teach and hold all my responsibilities with the relationships we currently have. They pretty much responded asking does this mean I quit. At that point I said yes and left. I think they wanted me gone for a while.

This does put me in a little hole. My parents are disappointed. But I feel like it is a blessing. The moment I knew it was over, me and my wife went to job searching, making flyers, and spending invaluable time with each other. Brainstorming a plan. Working together. All while next to me, my 9-month-old is trying to walk and screaming dada right there next to us.

I believe in myself and truly feel like this was the right decision. We love this community and our neighbors.

I am a registered forester in COV county. Contract Cruising, prescribe burning, and Wildlife management are my skills. If y'all know anyone near this area looking for someone, please let me know. Just a guy who likes to show up and do the job right, so I can go home and see my family. WDE

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News