ADVERTISEMENT

Update on my Wife...and life.

auburnsass

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2004
Hey guys...

I've been kind of quiet lately mainly because I've been busy, but here's where we are...

My wife's transplant will happen Monday.

Her cousin arrived this past Sunday and is going through the finals things for her to be cleared as a donor. We had some hiccups as we had to get her plane fare, her time off from work, and babysitter issues for her kids. Great thing as the employees where she works all pitched in to raise money for her plane ticket and her company gave her a weeks paid vacation she didn't have to cover some of her lost wages from being here. Good people.

The anonymous person on this board matched all the donations received ($1,750) and emailed me that they would continue to match anything until I started my new job on April 6. I've corresponded with them anonymously via email numerous times and whoever you are...thank you. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart. So many people have helped us and its incredibly humbling.

Here's is the link as some people have still asked about it. www.gofundme.com/sasser

To know what we've done with the money...
Our rent has been paid until May 1 including money paid up front on utilities. I start my new job April 6 and once that happens we should be okay. We wont be living lavishly, but at this point who cares. I may can finally get a good nights sleep. I'm just mentally done.

We use it for groceries.

We keep a small amount for my daughters to do some fun things like movies, going downtown, etc. This has been hard on them because they don't get to see my wife for very long each day with school, homework, and sports. Their friends have been great at helping get them around and letting them sleep over if need be.

I'm still working my 2 part time jobs until the new one starts. It will be nice to have a full time 8-5 job again. My paychecks aren't much, but they cover gas, pet food, other small bills we have, and whatever else pops up.

The rest of the money offsets the medical bills. They still roll in and are like a black cloud, but the hospital and all doctors, etc involved have been great at working with us.

Now..as for my job since some of you asked...I will be working in the Office at Medinah Country Club doing accounting/bookkeeping and member assistance. The clubhouse is unreal. I hope Ill get to go walk the course sometime. Due to my wreck I don't know if I could swing a club if I ever got the chance to play which I didn't ask when I met the people there. From the road its amazing looking though. The one thing I know is when we get back on our feet we will start putting money aside to help someone or people down the road. I know of no other way to thank everyone that has helped us than by helping others when they need it. My life has been changed by a lot of strangers and I want to be one of those strangers down the road.

Thank you again. For the first time in the last 4 months or so I feel like we may make it through all this. I don't think I would've thought that without all of you.

Sass
aufootball@sbcglobal.net

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News